What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Possible system part out.

crazyea

EDIT: UPDATED June 19, 2019

I'm considering this again. Looking to go off grid for the summer. Spend some quality time with the young ones. All items except WD Drives were purchased after income tax refund this year.

Only considering to sell cpu/mb/ram as a bundle first.
$520 - Intel i9 9900k
$576 - Asus Maxims xi extreme
$220 - Gskill 32 gb trident z rgb 3200mhz (4x8)

$170 each - 2x 512gb samsung 970 pro ssd
$130 each - 2x WD Black 6TB
$160 Evga 850w P2 psu
$135 Fractal Define r2 White
$150 Noctua NH-D15s w/ white chromax cover and 2 Black chromax fans.
$140 Logitech Gpro KB and Mouse Combo
$250 Dell u2518D

How do these prices sound?

I'm was thinking I could knock $150 off the top if someone buys the whole tower.

Last edited:

Lysrin

That's high end very new gear. Bummer if you have to sell, sorry Sir.

Perhaps you could start at a small percentage (5-10%?) off list price given that the gear is so new? People would be saving the tax if purchasing from you, so that plus any little extra is a good savings for someone who wants a high end system.

You're selling too early for me though! I can't make a move on a 9900K yet! ;)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
10% seems reasonable given this gear is all latest generation, although you might not get many biters. The used market seems slow from what I'm seeing around, its not just here.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah.... same suggestion here... 10-15% off of current list price, but expect to drop as low as 25%.

FreeKnight

I'm with sswilson on this. The problem is that most people aren't going to gamble on losing the warranty for 5% off. And since most warranties aren't transferable, it's a risk.

Cannon Fodder

The problem is that most people aren't going to gamble on losing the warranty for 5% off.

THAT would be the limiting factor for any of those components. Anybody potentially looking at buying any of those items will look at the new price, and whatever price the OP comes up with, and think one of two things, i.e., "for that small of a price difference, I may as well buy a new one", OR "that's a pretty good savings off the new price, maybe I should grab that"......

Lysrin

True, but 10% off list, plus 15% tax (NS anyway) is 25% off. Not a bad discount I wouldn't think off high end parts?

And would the warranty still be an option if the parts were not yet registered? How does that normally work? Original receipts wouldn't match current owner I suppose.

Lpfan4ever

True, but 10% off list, plus 15% tax (NS anyway) is 25% off. Not a bad discount I wouldn't think off high end parts?

And would the warranty still be an option if the parts were not yet registered? How does that normally work? Original receipts wouldn't match current owner I suppose.

Some manufacturers care about receipts, some care only about S/N, and some go ballistic if you can't provide them a blood sample along with proof of purchase. Essentially a crapshoot. I say to always bank on not having a warranty.

Latest posts