What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Amazon uses & stores your Alexa data for a set time period

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain
You know those sci-fi movies where everyone buys this thing that is supposed to be really good but is in fact really some part of an evil plot to take over the world and /or control everyone? This is totally not that thing.

lowfat

Staff member
https://www.amazon.com/alexaprivacysettings

Been this way forever AFAIK. It's actually find of funny as I can view history and actually hear the playback of me swearing @ my Echos when it did something I didn't ask for. :whistle:

Easy af to delete it as well. You can also just check a box. So you can just say 'Alexa delete today's history'.

Google does the same thing for ALL of your google history as well.

Arinoth

Staff member
https://www.amazon.com/alexaprivacysettings

Been this way forever AFAIK. It's actually find of funny as I can view history and actually hear the playback of me swearing @ my Echos when it did something I didn't ask for. :whistle:

Easy af to delete it as well. You can also just check a box. So you can just say 'Alexa delete today's history'.

Google does the same thing for ALL of your google history as well.

Yep and it's not like Android or iOS isn't doing this in some form either too, but people will die on the hill of the Google Home and Alexa being the thing they won't use because of this.

justmehereajax

When the Google home mini came out for like $40 I think I bought 3. I set them up for my parents to use to listen to music and news.

My parents did not use them at all so eventually I used them for the kitchen and my room and sold the last one. I turned off the kitchen on lol off mic lol but I set one up in my room with 2 smart plugs controlling light switches , two lamps. I don’t talk in my room unless turning on or off the light. I just say lights on or off. I don’t really talk around the google mini...

Funny thing is that I use to find it hard to talk and tiring to just say “Ok Google turn off/on lamp/back lamp”. I hated to ‘waste’ my energy to say a command. Now I find it effortless now. I thought it would be easier to just manually turn off or on the light switches before lol. I guess I adapted lol. I did not talk much when I was very young...

Entz

At least they let you delete them. I didn't see anything weird on there in my history but you have to watch trigger words. Especially if it is something common that would get picked up from youtube/tv etc.
I came into it knowing the risks and I am okay with it. Thinks like smart plugs are awesome.

I wonder if we all say "Computer, tea, Earl Grey, hot" it will make some top list and they will come out with an Alexa integrated tea pot ;)

Latest posts