What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a little help and some folks thoughts on 2 x570 boards

gingerbee

ya I don't know which one has better warranty coverage just really stuck on which damn board to buy lol leaning towards the Asus

gingerbee

ya, I am stuck cause both boards offer several things I want. I have always used Gigabyte or Asus hence my problems in deciding.

It's a 100% no to anything ASRock I had the joy of using them years ago and ever board had problems or died super fast so its a no to Asrock. only thing leaning me towards the gigabyte board is they have one in stock at my CC which means any problems I can return it.

But Amazon has the tuf so I could just order it and wait lol

I mean both there VRM's can handle the 3900x Asus 12+2 and Gigabyte 10+2 thanks for all thoughts

gingerbee

now after reading this makes me think I may want to just go with an x470 board since there's a few that have everything I want too

So I am going to take a day or 2 and think it over still leaning towards the x570 tuf

Thanks all for the input and for looking have a great day

JD

Staff member
While I love ASUS as much as the rest of you guys, I thought their X570 boards weren't the greatest at launch? Have all the kinks been worked out in BIOS updates?

Are you strictly looking for something without RGB lights? I think a $700 CPU deserves a slightly higher end board, especially since you have 12 cores to power. The TUF and Gaming X series are more at the value end.

lowfat

Staff member
While I love ASUS as much as the rest of you guys, I thought their X570 boards weren't the greatest at launch? Have all the kinks been worked out in BIOS updates?

Are you strictly looking for something without RGB lights? I think a $700 CPU deserves a slightly higher end board, especially since you have 12 cores to power. The TUF and Gaming X series are more at the value end.
Its not like the higher end boards are going to overclock better IMO. I think even the cheaper boards have strong enough VRMs to handle a 3900x w/ ease.