What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Guru3D Does Mega Review on Thermal Paste!

Lpfan4ever

Weird that they left the Phobya NanoGrease and HeGrease out. I use the NanoGrease myself and it's been fantastic. Only downside being the high viscosity, but that can be aided with soaking the tube in warm water first.

Bond007

Every few years it seems someone does one of these. I would imagine it gets lots of views for a couple years. Always nice to stay up to speed with how much of the hype/chatter about TIM is fact.

Bond007

I forgot to say that I really like the conclusion to this review that is very realistic. I am perfectly content with the tube of MX4 I got cheap for day to day use. If I ever feel the need to shave off a degree or 2 I would look to Kryonaut or maybe mastergel maker. While Conductonaut is the clear winner, I don't want any risk with my thermal paste, and don't do anything where I would need to get to that level of cooling.

JD

Staff member
I am perfectly content with the tube of MX4 I got cheap for day to day use. If I ever feel the need to shave off a degree or 2 I would look to Kryonaut or maybe mastergel maker
Yup exactly my thoughts too, the tubes of stuff I have lying around are still "good enough" today. Thermal Grizzly is hard to come by up here, usually means ordering from the US or elsewhere. I'm not even finding MasterGel that readily either, but maybe it's a new product.

Entz

Yeah I have several unused tubes of Noctua NT-H1 sitting around from various heatsink purchases. It does more than good enough considering its "free" . I don't paste enough to justify getting new stuff lol (though Kryonaut would be my choice if I did)

belgolas

I used to care about paste but now I just use the endless amount of NT-H1 I have lying around. I used to always use IC Diamond but it is expensive and the paste that comes with heatsinks are good enough. I don't care about getting that last 100-200 mhz and just want a stable low noise OC.

Latest posts