What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which is the best SSD to buy for new build?

moviegeek911

I am a professional photographer and I like to play PC games in my free time. Can anyone suggest to me which is the best SSD for new build and editing my photos and videos without any problem?. My budget for my SSD is 8,000 Indian Rupees.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
what motherboard do you have? if you have an M.2 slot for PCIe NVMe SSD's, then that's the way to go. take a look at the Western Digital Black or the Kingston A2000. note, there are a couple types of NVMe SSD's...x2 and then x4. You want the x4 if your budget allows, but the x2 are good to as they're still faster than your regular SATA 3 SSD's.

moocow

Using PC Parts Picker India, all the 1TB SSD are out of your budget. 500GB Crucial MX500 is about 5100 rupees. It's a decent drive but I'm not sure how much space you need since you do video editing.

Izerous

Folding Team
Occasionally 1TB drives go on sale to be within your budget but in general I agree that 500GB seems to be about your primary option.

For example I think it was an Intel 660p 1TB I saw on sale for about $159 CAD which after conversion would be about your budget assuming you have NVMe support. Sales would also vary on region of course.

Bond007

What motherboard do you have? We need to know if it supports NVMe or not.

For example I think it was an Intel 660p 1TB I saw on sale for about $159 CAD which after conversion would be about your budget assuming you have NVMe support.

I wouldn't opt for an Intel 660p, Crucial P1, or any other QLC based ssd, since the OP mentioned doing photo and video editing. The endurance on those drives is low.

Latest posts