What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just build my first PC

Observersssss

It's not perfect, but i hope to upgrade in future.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MB: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2
Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2666 MHz
PSU: Chieftec 500W Proton 80+Bronze
Case: Gamemax H602-WB

GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX 560 4GB Red Dragon
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1000GB
SSD: No :(

I only watch videos and play one game. How bad is this build?

Izerous

Folding Team
If your more specific about your goals (the specific game, desired resolution, budget) it can be easier to help with feedback and suggestions on where to spend less or more to get better results.

Like off hand to watch videos and play 1 game 1TB HDD is huge and buying a similar priced but smaller SSD could be a better use of funds.

Observersssss

If your more specific about your goals (the specific game, desired resolution, budget) it can be easier to help with feedback and suggestions on where to spend less or more to get better results.

Like off hand to watch videos and play 1 game 1TB HDD is huge and buying a similar priced but smaller SSD could be a better use of funds.

Hi, i allready build it. And i just forget about ssd.
Game is warframe. My goal is upgrade it in future, but the best wey i can. I will buy a better gpu, ssd, but what about ram better will be buy new and faster or add same ram but two more?

Izerous

Folding Team
Looking at warframe minimum specs it will pretty much run on a potato of a computer, i'm not sure if 16GB ram would make a noticable difference. But an SSD would have defineitly helped with boot times and such and general responsiveness.

Observersssss

Looking at warframe minimum specs it will pretty much run on a potato of a computer, i'm not sure if 16GB ram would make a noticable difference. But an SSD would have defineitly helped with boot times and such and general responsiveness.

And what about best gpu for ryzen 5 2600? What gpu will not bottleneck with it and vice versa?

moocow

Ask about GPU when you are ready to buy since a new one comes out every year and impact the used market. With an Ryzen 5 2600, I would go with a mid-range card. Anything like 2080 or above would be a waste. I would get at least a 500GB SSD with onboard cache / DRAM. I would also get a better PSU like Seasonic later.

Bond007

For your uses it should be fine except for the lack of an ssd. That should be the first thing you buy. After that, let us know when you decide it’s time to upgrade again and we can recommend stuff for you.

Enjoy!

Observersssss

Ask about GPU when you are ready to buy since a new one comes out every year and impact the used market. With an Ryzen 5 2600, I would go with a mid-range card. Anything like 2080 or above would be a waste. I would get at least a 500GB SSD with onboard cache / DRAM. I would also get a better PSU like Seasonic later.

Thanks

Observersssss

For your uses it should be fine except for the lack of an ssd. That should be the first thing you buy. After that, let us know when you decide it’s time to upgrade again and we can recommend stuff for you.

Enjoy!

Thanks

MARSTG

The build is a modern one, although, me personally, I am a big fan of repurposing older corporate machines for everyday use and buying used GPUs. You could have probably got a more powerful GPU ( these days I just bought a 4GB RX 480 for 100 cad ).
Lately I prefer my systems to have a fast boot drive, 250/500 GB SSD, with an external drive on usb 3.0 for mass storage, presently I have a 4 TB portable drive.
It is really debatable how much computing power a home user really needs but in general an older Core i5 does the trick. You have a hex core system, a solid foundation, that will allow easy expansion in case you feel you will need it! Your next upgrade target should be the SSD, it will make the system so much faster.

Latest posts