What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone have wireless bluetooth earbuds they like?

Lysrin

There are some very reasonably priced bluetooth 5.0 earbuds on Amazon.ca for less than $100. These are the type that come with a charging case and they get around 15h of playback (claimed).

I know we generally frown upon wireless headphones/headsets for the PC environment or very good audio situations, but I was wondering about something relatively cheap that I could use for exercising, walking, etc. Just to get some sound and be free of a cord in the way.

Anyone have anything like that they would recommend or are we all just set against any kind of wireless? That seems to be the normal response. Just wondered if the earbuds, for a mobile option, might get a different response.

sswilson

Staff member
Do you bike? If not, how about a set of bluetooth headphones? I grabbed a set of AKG C50BTs at Costco when they went on sale last year and have been pretty happy with them. They're not the highest end headset, but they're significantly better than the JBLs (don't remember the model number but they were also from Costco and cost me somewhere around $100) or Soundpeats (Amazon order that were somewhere around $30) IEMs that I use when cycling.

FreeKnight

I have a set of Jabra Elite 65T and like them. I did run into issues with them breaking and not working if I charged them from a car's 12V via a usb charger, but since I got a 2nd warranty pair I just charge them via pc usb and haven't had an issue since.

Only downside is that there isn't foam plugs available for them, just silicone. Not a big deal if you prefer silicone, but I like the extra noise reduction of a foam plug.

Sony's newest release of the WF-1000XM3 are supposed to be really good, but they definitely have a price premium whereas the elites go on sale pretty regularly.

Lysrin

I do bike, but I am not a cyclist that's for sure! :sneaky: We do a little trail biking. The Soundpeats were one of the ones I looked at on Amazon last night. The Jabra Elites are certainly more pricey. I do realise you get what you pay for though. I've proven that to myself many times...

Izerous

Folding Team
I don't recall the model number of the ones I got with my phone as a freebee. But they were from costco, battery life is maybe 2.5 hours and charge via cable not a docking case. Ignoring the fact that I'm not a big fan of earbuds in general or the crappy battery life etc one thing that really stood out was that they have physical buttons and each time you want to press the buttons your shoving the ear bud into your ear.

I think personally if I was to be serious about hunting down a better pair I'd also try to find ones with capacitive touch or something instead of a stiff button.

sswilson

Staff member
I do bike, but I am not a cyclist that's for sure! :sneaky: We do a little trail biking. The Soundpeats were one of the ones I looked at on Amazon last night. The Jabra Elites are certainly more pricey. I do realise you get what you pay for though. I've proven that to myself many times...

Ok then... bud style instead of headphone style... need to be able to use them while wearing a helmet. :)

The Soundpeats I got are "OK" but they're a step down from the JBLs I picked up from Costco.

Izerous

Folding Team
Ok then... bud style instead of headphone style... need to be able to use them while wearing a helmet. :)

The Soundpeats I got are "OK" but they're a step down from the JBLs I picked up from Costco.

Around the neck styled ones would also work with a helmet

JD

Staff member
I got the Skullcandy ones to try, though either my ears are oddly shaped or the tips aren't quite the right sizes for me. If I really push them in, they sound great, but that doesn't quite seem right? Unless they're supposed to be like ear plugs... not really sure. Maybe they do have to be pushed in though so they don't fall out easily?

I don't even know why I bought them though, I don't typically listen to music on the go. One of those late night purchases that I obviously thought I had a need for but really didn't.

Valkyrie

I got the Skullcandy ones to try, though either my ears are oddly shaped or the tips aren't quite the right sizes for me. If I really push them in, they sound great, but that doesn't quite seem right? Unless they're supposed to be like ear plugs... not really sure. Maybe they do have to be pushed in though so they don't fall out easily?

I don't even know why I bought them though, I don't typically listen to music on the go. One of those late night purchases that I obviously thought I had a need for but really didn't.

They have to be pushed in. Small driver works well in small volume.

Latest posts