What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming to PC....

JD

Staff member
What REALLY bothers me is that GEforce experience wants to basically set it to LOW @1440. Is this their way of trying to force obsolescence on the 10xx series of cards? The game plays perfectly fine at high+ settings! Not a fan, at all.
Perhaps it's aiming for 120FPS/Hz? You have one of the AW monitors right?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Perhaps it's aiming for 120FPS/Hz? You have one of the AW monitors right?
Correct, however I'm still getting 100+fps with high/ultra settings on games that GeF is recommending low or medium settings...

Perhaps HWC should do an investigative review? 🤔

mGz

I'm running the 'auto' settings of whatever it picks for my 1080ti.

What REALLY bothers me is that GEforce experience wants to basically set it to LOW @1440. Is this their way of trying to force obsolescence on the 10xx series of cards? The game plays perfectly fine at high+ settings! Not a fan, at all.

I've stopped using experience, because its trying to force settings on me that are extremely low quality, when I can run all my games at high/ultra, and still get 100fps!!!!

I thought there was an option to disable that? I haven't used GeForce experience in ages so maybe I'm wrong (or perhaps they removed it). Nvidia does have a stranglehold on the GPU market so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I'm hopeful team red can get their act together and offer more competitive solutions because at this rate the 3080ti will have an MSRP of $1999.99. Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders rejoice!!!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I thought there was an option to disable that? I haven't used GeForce experience in ages so maybe I'm wrong (or perhaps they removed it). Nvidia does have a stranglehold on the GPU market so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I'm hopeful team red can get their act together and offer more competitive solutions because at this rate the 3080ti will have an MSRP of $1999.99. Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders rejoice!!!

You can absolutely disable it, but if you select 'auto-set' (which is really the whole point of Experience) nvidia literally cuts your settings at the knees for no reason. Its insanity and I dont understand why no one is talking about the 'forced obsolescence'. There was a social media uproar over Apple doing it, yet nV is getting away with it scott free. I dont understand it.

Lysrin

You can absolutely disable it, but if you select 'auto-set' (which is really the whole point of Experience) nvidia literally cuts your settings at the knees for no reason. Its insanity and I dont understand why no one is talking about the 'forced obsolescence'. There was a social media uproar over Apple doing it, yet nV is getting away with it scott free. I dont understand it.

My guess would be a lot of the people comfortable with just allowing Experience to make the changes and not checking what it's doing just don't know any better.

Trunkz Jr

Yeah seems they've fixed many of the bugs we experienced at launch, especially the problems had we with posses.

Last edited by a moderator:

ipaine

Hmmm, so do people think it is worth buying now? Got some steam cards for Christmas and am thinking of getting it but not sure if it is worth it. Totally torn, not sure if it will work properly or not.

Lysrin

Hmmm, so do people think it is worth buying now? Got some steam cards for Christmas and am thinking of getting it but not sure if it is worth it. Totally torn, not sure if it will work properly or not.

Work properly? In what regard? It's been working fine for me pretty much since launch. Perhaps I'm just lucky. There have been a lot of patches. I have been enjoying it. It's nice to have a large open world setting that isn't sci-fi or fantasy for when I am feeling for a change. I also find the stories to be pretty good. It's a great distraction game though. So much to do, hard to stay focussed! 😁

ipaine

So I gave it a shot, and bought it today. I mean 45% off the ultimate edition.

And have requested a refund. I am not going to waste my time on this steaming pile of crap. Months after release and it is still full of bugs and in my case won't even start at all. Plus the best thing is that all the "solutions" for my problem involve changing files or deleting files that don't even exist yet since it hasn't started properly to even create them.

Rockstar should be ashamed, but I know they aren't, why do they care they still get a ton of people buying it.

Latest posts