What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

suggestions for free video editing/encoding software

gingerbee

Ok everyone who edits video/encodes there 4k/DVD backups. I need some help I have been using handbrake for too many years I lost count, now I have run into a problem with one backup no matter what I do at a set time there is an audio desync that I can't seem to get rid of so I was hoping I could find some editing software that would let me add in the offset at a certain time so the rest of the movie would be synced up.

what I really need is some suggestions on good editing/encoding software thanks ahead of time for reading and any suggestion you may have thanks

gingerbee

I can manually fix it at the time of desync well watching it back. I want to fix it properly, already tried pulling the audio out of video with VLC then using the VLC encoder to add it back even though the timestamps are the same it always goes out of sync at the same time.

I also made sure that I was running a constant frame rate to stop drifting of the audio but with no luck. thanks for the suggestion will check it out

edit is this the same one that came with gordian knot software package if so I have already tried that but will dig through to be sure thanks(y)

Prickly007

Is the offending file from a commercially produced disk or pirated material? If the latter, it might be unfixable... I downloaded Oasis' performance at the 2008 Electric Proms sometime ago and the file was horribly out of synch, nothing I did could correct it. Only solution was a different file by another encoder.

gingerbee

see that's the wired thing I burrowed the disk from a friend the first time and it turned out this way so I said forget it I will just download it and the damn download has the same problem right at the same time.
( not that I have a problem downloading things I just like to get the raw file so I can control the quality of the video I keep and it was available )

I wish I could find another version of it online to download its a 4k movie and only one copy out in the wild I have been able to find.
If gordian knot worked still/with 4k at all I could fix it using vobsub and virtualdubmod by throwing in the offset at the right time.
thanks again all

when I played the original disk it was fine only once encoded was the screw up there

djbrad

If you have the original disk and that it plays fine, handbrake will do the job.

gingerbee

well, it didn't cause I tried all the normal encodes and the audio was always off at the same time. everywhere online says its drift caused by variable frame rate but I tried using variable and constant frame rates with no luck. I have read on other forums that the disk may have constant and variable frame rate through it was the only answer I can come up with why it didn't work. I have never heard of this

ps if you had read my post you would know that I use handbrake for everything all the time. hence why I gave the disk back and downloaded it to find the same problems which I thought was kinda crazy. I think I still have the raw rip on my pc so I can try different software on that.
pretty sure I just need to use software like adobe premiere or similar software to have full control of the audio/video timelines throughout the whole video thanks all

Izerous

Folding Team
I had a movie years ago that did something similar and never did figure out the fix. The video and audio slowly drifted at separate speeds, completely unnoticeable until about half way when things were slightly out but by the end the audio track was out by a good second or two.

If it is something abrupt instead of over time like that it might also be a lazy DRM protection of some sort.

Shadowmeph

well, it didn't cause I tried all the normal encodes and the audio was always off at the same time. everywhere online says its drift caused by variable frame rate but I tried using variable and constant frame rates with no luck. I have read on other forums that the disk may have constant and variable frame rate through it was the only answer I can come up with why it didn't work. I have never heard of this

ps if you had read my post you would know that I use handbrake for everything all the time. hence why I gave the disk back and downloaded it to find the same problems which I thought was kinda crazy. I think I still have the raw rip on my pc so I can try different software on that.
pretty sure I just need to use software like adobe premiere or similar software to have full control of the audio/video timelines throughout the whole video thanks all
I sped read through your post which is probably why I missed the Handbrake use. I used to play around alot with these types of thing s butt that was years ago Ithere weas one program calld something like avi to dvd or something like that iif I remember right you could also do the opposite dvd to avi . then I think there was virtualdub again it has been a long time and I really dont miss trying to fix the audio sync issues especially the ones that always moving around in and out of sync maybe try mediacoder