What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I just tested my New SSD out... you have socks on?

gingerbee

it's a ram cache lowfat nail on the head. He's trolling is the only thing I can come up with I guess he's bored, no harm no foul. just ignore if its bugs ya I guess

sherwind2010

It is ImDisk, you can set the Disk to whatever you want... So, going from 2 ram sticks to 4 doubles the speed of ram disk? I wonder if one 16GB sick is as fast as two 8GB sicks.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
It is ImDisk, you can set the Disk to whatever you want... So, going from 2 ram sticks to 4 doubles the speed of ram disk? I wonder if one 16GB sick is as fast as two 8GB sicks.
Going to 4 sticks would only improve if you had a motherboard w/ quad channel ram. One stick would absolutely be slower than two. The faster the ram and tighter the timings are what will increase the speed of a ram cache / ram drive. But real world performance is barely going to change.

sherwind2010

I have a 275gb crucial mx300 for windows, the Patriot’s Viper RGB (PVR416G320C6KW) was set to 3600MHz, Tested Timings: 17-19-19-39... the write speed were about 2% higher from 3200MHz Timings: 16-18-18-36.

Latest posts