What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

sswilson

Staff member
No, swapping SIMs around doesn't mess up anything - I've swapped a couple of SIMs between 3 different phones, just to check on reception difference between providers, and all is fine when doing so.

And yeah, I'm sure those folks(including me) that are interested in this hardware would be interested to see what happens to the call volume on your phone, along with anybody else that may have picked up one of these......

Ok, swapped the sim in and while it's not crazy loud (my huawei is so loud that other folks in the restaurant can hear the caller.... :) ) it's more than sufficient under normal circumstances. I also checked and verified that the GPS is working using google maps.

Picked up Koodo on the telus network.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
AW3418DW on sale for Black Friday, but up right now.

Reg: $1099
10%offmonitor promo
10% ebates

~900 bucks+ tax. I'm fairly confident this is an ATL.

(Not including your credit card promos ;))

Reactions: JD

mGz

It was $989 last year when I purchased mine. It's crazy that they're selling for $650-700 used atm.

sswilson

Staff member
As usual, not sure how hot this is, but it's a significant discount off of the original MSRP...

Razer Phone 2 @ Microsoft for $400

It's a year old, and many folks won't like the aesthetic, but it's got decent enough hardware and is probably worth a look if somebody is considering a middle price tier phone....

edit: The microsoft site apparently doens't like to auto-populate the fancy link boxes.... :)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
As usual, not sure how hot this is, but it's a significant discount off of the original MSRP...

Razer Phone 2 @ Microsoft for $400

It's a year old, and many folks won't like the aesthetic, but it's got decent enough hardware and is probably worth a look if somebody is considering a middle price tier phone....

edit: The microsoft site apparently doens't like to auto-populate the fancy link boxes.... :)

There are going to be a lot of Black Friday deals with the Corrupt 3 shortly. I'd guess if you're willing to spend 4-500 bucks out of pocket, you're probably going to end up with a new Samsung S-10 or Apple 11.

Food for thought.

JD

Staff member
There are going to be a lot of Black Friday deals with the Corrupt 3 shortly. I'd guess if you're willing to spend 4-500 bucks out of pocket, you're probably going to end up with a new Samsung S-10 or Apple 11.
On contract though I'd imagine? I don't think you'd get them outright/unlocked at that price.

The Pixel 3a is going to be $400 too for Black Friday, while the specs aren't as great as the Razer Phone 2, you do get a better camera and assured updates.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
On contract though I'd imagine? I don't think you'd get them outright/unlocked at that price.

The Pixel 3a is going to be $400 too for Black Friday, while the specs aren't as great as the Razer Phone 2, you do get a better camera and assured updates.

Oh, 100% it'll be on a 2 year contract. Still, 800-1000 off is a big deal, unless you have a killer BYOP plan where it doesnt make sense.

People overvalue their BYOP plans tbh. My wife was on a $40-4gig BYOP package, am now paying $60, and effectively got her X for $480. Yes, I'm locked in for two years...but I can just pay the remaining subsidy ($20/mo) to walk away any time.

(For clarity, all phones in Canada are unlocked now from day 1. Some companies you have to ask, but there should be no charge and they MUST do it.)

Latest posts