What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

Prickly007

If you have local stock on some of the Klipsch speakers that seems like a crazy price.

Most of the Klipsch speakers supposedly sold out months ago; I went looking for the RP-250C today. The sales guy I spoke was befuddled as to why they were even advertised.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Most of the Klipsch speakers supposedly sold out months; I went looking for the RP-250C today. The sales guy I spoke was befuddled as to why they were even advertised.

There were a bunch that showed local stock for me. But not the ones I wanted. The only bookshelves they had in stock were powered, which I don't need. And I really don't want massive floor standing speakers for my computer.

moocow

Not sure if this one qualifies but I saw 3 MSI RX570 Mk2 GPU on the Canadian government auction site with a starting bid of $100. The cards are located in Ottawa, ON and it say shipping is available. However, using my address in BC, the shipping is $42 so may not be worthwhile for people outside of ON.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... damn you Sagath!!!! Couldn't resist so I grabbed this low end model for $135...

Heh... finally arrived and seems to be working fine... can't believe I snagged a BNIB 4K receiver for $135! That's a BF deal I'll remember fondly for many years. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Most of the Klipsch speakers supposedly sold out months ago; I went looking for the RP-250C today. The sales guy I spoke was befuddled as to why they were even advertised.

It sounds like folks who did actually get some of the larger items (like speakers) ended up getting floor models which were pretty badly beat up.

This has got me wondering.... how big of an electronics section do these London Drug stores have that they'd have large floor standing speakers out on display (or even receivers powered up for display)?

supaflyx3

It sounds like folks who did actually get some of the larger items (like speakers) ended up getting floor models which were pretty badly beat up.

This has got me wondering.... how big of an electronics section do these London Drug stores have that they'd have large floor standing speakers out on display (or even receivers powered up for display)?
The electronics section of my local LD is about half the store

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team

I used to work for TLD Computers back in the early 90's, the corporate computer division of LD that also assembled all their Certified Data PC's. The typical LD layout is 12,000-15,000 s.f. The walled off computer, tv and audio section is about 2,000 s.f. and each has a separate testing room for speakers/receivers that's about 300-350 s.f. Then there is the photo and personal electronics section that's about another 1500-2000 s.f.

They are definitely retail priced, above Best Buy pricing usually. But you do see some good deals on the manager's special sales and the Black Friday & Boxing Day sales.

Latest posts