What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

G

I though pacing was off at first. But I think Geralt and Yennefer's stories are happening before Ciri is born.
Yeah it is kind of mixed up, just finished ep 4 and it is pretty much The Last Wish.
So far pretty good IMO. Cavill captures the char pretty darn good IMO.

Lysrin

Screw this talk about the Witcher...
Is he evil? He force choked someone. Is not that a Sith power?

I wouldn't say evil, I'd say not aligned to either light or dark at this point, thus accessing both sides' powers perhaps? Interesting question though!

FreeKnight

One more comment about the Witcher, what about the books? Are they worth a read?
The first collection of short stories I really liked. Otherwise they're good but not amazingly spectacular. If you like fantasy in general I'd say they're worth a read, if you're ho-hum I'd consider skipping them. I only read up to the second last book I think and never read the final. Enjoyed them, but wouldn't ever re-read.

Entz

Yeah it is kind of mixed up, just finished ep 4 and it is pretty much The Last Wish.
So far pretty good IMO. Cavill captures the char pretty darn good IMO.
Yes him and Anya are perfect Imo. Very good choices.

Liking it so far , As much as I love Ciri, I really do wish they left her out for the first season. The time jumps are distracting if you know the story (and not obvious if you do not) and it does lead to them rushing the start to make it all align. Could of been like 3 seasons for adventures before they introduced her lol.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I've neither read the story, nor gone more than half an hour into the most recent game (and didn't play the first) so I'm going into the series blind with no expectation(s) WRT plot and/or storyline.

Inik

Folding Team
I watched the first 2 episodes last night. I like it so far. For the acting part, I think that Cavil is pĥysically perfect for the role, but we will see how they develop the character.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Um. Hang on. Just watched the Netflix trailer for Witcher.

And is it just me..... Cavill isn't even trying to do the British accent of the character? Oy.

lowfat

Staff member
Um. Hang on. Just watched the Netflix trailer for Witcher.

And is it just me..... Cavill isn't even trying to do the British accent of the character? Oy.
Um he is British. The character isn't supposed to be 'british' tho.

Every single person I know who has watched some of the show, says he is absolutely nailing the role.

Latest posts