What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Please help! PC hangs on black screen

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Hi guys,

Is it worth buying a GPU used for mining for a year? ZOTAC GTX1070 8GB for 210SGD?

Eh... No.
Besides the facts:
- that miners and their idiotic greed set back the entire industry for the rest of us
- that they don't deserve a penny for their failed attempts at a get rich scheme
- that they also set back folding, and in doing so it's entirely possible that curable diseases will kill more people

... It's a card that's spent it's life essentially running a burn-in test. If any component of a PC were ever to fail from extreme overuse and wear, it's miner GPUs.

Hard pass, don't buy anything from miners.

Messy

Eh... No.
Besides the facts:
- that miners and their idiotic greed set back the entire industry for the rest of us
- that they don't deserve a penny for their failed attempts at a get rich scheme
- that they also set back folding, and in doing so it's entirely possible that curable diseases will kill more people

... It's a card that's spent it's life essentially running a burn-in test. If any component of a PC were ever to fail from extreme overuse and wear, it's miner GPUs.

Hard pass, don't buy anything from miners.

Hahahaha got it! But is it possible to differentiate if the card has been used for mining?

Messy

I've got 2 offers for GTX 1070 which the seller claims that it was not used for mining and pure gaming.

1. Zotac GTX 1070 Mini 8GB
2. Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

Both of them are offering 220 SGD. Is it worth getting? Which one would be more preferable ?

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

I bought a mined card and the fans dying. I will always buy new gpu from now on. I hate fussing with fixing stuff anymore
Go water cooled GPU. If miners are selling means it not producing enough, got burned by pyramid schemes. CM is correct the greedy has screwed us.