What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Post Your Desk

Lysrin

Good buy monitors and welcome 55" LG C9 OLED. Had to redo everything in order to get it to fit.

That is stunning @lowfat and of course your lighting and cable management, amazing as always.

But what is the experience like using that big a screen that close? Do you sit at your desk and do normal PC things or gaming, or is it just too close/overwhelming?

I really like the idea of a big screen like that but reviews of similar, even a HWC one not that long ago iirc, found the huge size and short viewing distance a bit much. And yet... I still want one :)

lowfat

Staff member
That is stunning @lowfat and of course your lighting and cable management, amazing as always.

But what is the experience like using that big a screen that close? Do you sit at your desk and do normal PC things or gaming, or is it just too close/overwhelming?

I really like the idea of a big screen like that but reviews of similar, even a HWC one not that long ago iirc, found the huge size and short viewing distance a bit much. And yet... I still want one :)

It is a bit overwhelming but I'm getting use to it. Have to change viewing habits a lot to limit burn in tho. Like having to fullsceen Firefox so the menu can hide. I hate this but have found no other solution. 55" is a bit big too, but unfortunately this is the smallest OLED currently. Although in 2020 LG is realizing a 48" CX OLED, which IMO sounds amazing. Its input lag is nearly as low as the physical limit of a 120Hz display.

Lysrin

It is a bit overwhelming but I'm getting use to it. Have to change viewing habits a lot to limit burn in tho. Like having to fullsceen Firefox so the menu can hide. I hate this but have found no other solution. 55" is a bit big too, but unfortunately this is the smallest OLED currently. Although in 2020 LG is realizing a 48" CX OLED, which IMO sounds amazing. Its input lag is nearly as low as the physical limit of a 120Hz display.

Full screen Firefox on a 4K 55" screen... :oops: I think I'd get lost reading across the first line of text! 😁

Burn in remains and issue with OLED eh? That would stress me out. Either way that is fabulous looking set up Sir!

EDIT: Or maybe you mean you can't run fullscreen because it is so big?

lowfat

Staff member
Full screen Firefox on a 4K 55" screen... :oops: I think I'd get lost reading across the first line of text! 😁

Burn in remains and issue with OLED eh? That would stress me out. Either way that is fabulous looking set up Sir!

EDIT: Or maybe you mean you can't run fullscreen because it is so big?

I definitely mean fullscreen browsing. Static images could result in permanent burn in still. I couldn't find any browser unfortunately that allows the menu bar to hide unless you do an f11 fullscreen. :(

Lysrin

I definitely mean fullscreen browsing. Static images could result in permanent burn in still. I couldn't find any browser unfortunately that allows the menu bar to hide unless you do an f11 fullscreen. :(

Ah! I understand what you're saying now. That is a concern. Thanks for clarifying. And my original comment of stunning set up still stands!

lowfat

Staff member
Added another 5M of RGB strips to the back of the TV. Goal was it would be enough that I wouldn't need other lights in the room after my plants go to sleep. In the evening they turn green and so it doesn't disturb the sleep cycle.
rqszqCH.jpg

Latest posts