What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Vittra

The context of that response needs to be understood - it means you must absolutely have the original receipt for a warranty claim as a bare minimum, but there is one caveat that applies:

1) If the card has not been registered on the site, and the original receipt exists, anyone should be able to RMA it. It would be a waste of time for them to try and verify whom the original owner truly is.

2) If the card has been registered on the site, only the original owner can RMA it. Registration within 30 days of purchase is required to extend the warranty from 2 to 3 years which is how they try to subtly enforce their "original owner" rule.

However.. considering there are reputable brands that warranty by manufacture date by serial, and provide the "receipt" option to extend it to the original purchase date... I don't see the point of wasting time with Zotac. Especially on a "top tier" model that shares pricing with the likes of Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA.

I'll give credit where it's due though - Zotac shines in the SFF space.

bjcsoln

The 2080 Super might also suffice for what you want. I'll be totally honest and say upgrading from a 1080 Ti to the 2080 Ti probably was one of my stupidest purchases, but hey, it was insanely cheap on Amazon and I couldn't pass it up!

View attachment 27918

So to that point, if you're willing to dig through Amazon every now and then, you might come across a price anomaly like I did.

EDIT: Also at this point of time, is it really good to buy a 2080 Ti? Ampere should be coming this year. AMD's got the 5950XT coming too it seems.
JD, just to confirm, with regards to your comment "upgrading from a 1080TI to a 2080TI was probably one of your stupidest purchases) - is that because the 1080TI will handle everything you need right now, or was it something else? I ask as I am in the same case - I have a 1080TI, and while I am planning on a brand new rig (so new case, etc) I was going to go to the 2080TI. Honestly I don't think I need it but was just wondering what your experience / comment was based on?

JD

Staff member
is that because the 1080TI will handle everything you need right now
Exactly, I think the 2080 Ti is maybe 25-30% faster? Not really noteworthy when I wasn't really having any issues with anything before. Usually I'd more look for at least a 50% increase for it to be noticeable.