What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Prickly007

Transferred HDDs over to the new Plex Server this afternoon, then spent hours trying to get it to show up on the Android TV, which is different from the previous, ongoing connection lost issue that I gave up trying to fix. That's a software bug, I think.

Tried various software versions (player & client), settings within the player itself, etc, etc. Eventually I gave up and installed Kodi... same god damn issue. Turns out, I forgot to update the firewall settings in the UDM. :whistle:

On the upside, looks like my firewall rules to isolate the VLAN were written correctly.

gingerbee

WTH is going on 2 friends, one of my best friend past in the last 4 weeks hasn't been a good start to the 2020 year for me.

I can count the number of true friends I have on one hand and even that's pushing it lol

edit. Omg I just heard in the last few hrs someone else I use to hang with years ago just passed to really really bad start to the year this 🤬 sucks

Last edited:

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
one of our kittens is at the vet...he's very dehydrated and unwell since he started vomited and having bouts of diarrhea starting on Saturday. doctors have cleared poisoning as his kidney function is just fine...vet said he may have blockage in his intestine as he felt a lump, so he's getting x-rays now. he was just neutered last Weds, so I hope this is just a late reaction to the anesthesia and nothing more serious.

Bartacus

Small inconsequential rant: Gigabytes RGB Fusion software updated itself on my Threadripper rig today, and now my RGB RAM won't light up. I brieflly saw a message about 'Patriot Viper RGB RAM', which I don't have since I'm running G.Skill TridentZ Royal DIMMs, LOL! Good job Gigabyte!

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
grrr....$750 in and they haven't a clue what's wrong with him. blood tests came back saying liver and kidney function is fine...xray says there is no blockage. so they're putting him on a simple broad spectrum anttibiotic, some sorta sub-cutaneus hdyration thingies and something to help him with his nausea.

edit - I guestimated $750 after being told the blood test and xray were $600...total came out to $960!

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Small inconsequential rant: Gigabytes RGB Fusion software updated itself on my Threadripper rig today, and now my RGB RAM won't light up. I brieflly saw a message about 'Patriot Viper RGB RAM', which I don't have since I'm running G.Skill TridentZ Royal DIMMs, LOL! Good job Gigabyte!
Yeah I saw they updated it, figured I'd try it again, can no longer control the Neo Z's either and it still corrupts the file tables on my MX300 SSD's after reboot/shutdown. So away it goes again.

Arinoth

Staff member
I had a kink in my neck/back from sleeping a few days ago, it was getting better until I work on this morning and holy hell I can barely do anything this morning....

Latest posts