What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... thanks for the "spoiler" tags folks.... just have the last episode of the season left to go. :)

Prickly007

Overall I have liked Picard, but the show definitely has pacing issues. On the other hand, I am thinking it won't be a one-off season.

Anybody else disappointed by Star Wars: The Clone Wars so far?

Entz

It’s been okay but it does seem a bit off. Can’t put my finger on it. First arc is over so maybe it will get better. though a certain someone finally getting stabbed was nice :cool:

Shadowmeph

seven only set up a local collective, that cube cannot be connected to the main hive (been cut off completely)

I believe it was the collective that let her go but as pretty much the only Borg left on the cube not sure if it was just her saying so lol.

as for the planet, Soji home isn’t in the Center of the 8 AFAICT. The Center of that is where the fountain thing at the start is.

the episode was way to much in to little time. Show has pacing issues lol. Lots of fluff the jam 10 episodes into the last 3
I wished I knew how t ouse the tags or I shouild say where the tags are because I am very sure I know as to what is going to happen and why I have pretty much predicted every thing that is important in picard just not exactly done in the same way ok I think I figured out the spoiler tag hope it works

Last edited:

Lysrin

Overall I have liked Picard, but the show definitely has pacing issues. On the other hand, I am thinking it won't be a one-off season.

Anybody else disappointed by Star Wars: The Clone Wars so far?

I only just finished the first few episodes but yeah, it isn't quite grabbing me the way I hoped. Going to watch it through though.

was going to watch it but I am going to wait for a while

Watch it to say you've seen them all... then move on and forget about it ;) I had high hopes for it but was disappointed.

FreeKnight

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, so I went in a little more unbiased than most, IV and V I liked, VI could have been vastly better without the Teddy bear army. Hated I and skipped II and III.

I thought IX was an example of a 'bad good movie'. The budget is very apparent, there's some good set pieces, effects, etc. But it wasn't a 'good' movie. The first half is a like they decide to just make it a string of chase scenes and moving a mile a minute with no rhyme or reason. Like some kind of Michael Bay Star Wars mutant child.

The second half with the true 'villain' revealed and Rey's heritage just felt like lazy fan service. They started something in VIII that could have really shone with Rey being born to nobodies, multiple force users, etc. Instead they spun it back 180 to being part of a special lineage.

sswilson

Staff member
Haven't seen it yet (it's not "live" until later this evening). I certainly wasn't a big fan of the direction part 1 of 2 was taking the finale.

I've found the whole series to be darker than I expected (and wanted). The underlaying theme of...

Everyone is broken / damaged goods in some way

isn't something that (imo) belongs in the ST ecosystem.

Latest posts