What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Amazon is saying there could be delays...but my experience so far has had timely deliveries. I think they're just putting that notification up to cover their arse if someting goes sideways somewhere / somehow.
That's not what they did for me. Despite having prime they set the expected delivery days at the End of April. Literally a month away. And no tracking numbers yet at all. Just sitting on my money

Entz

Amazon doesn't carry food supplies
Actually they do. Surprising large amounts (~70k listings), or well they did before they got cleaned out and started large queues. Also pet food, cleaning supplies, personal care products etc. They actually have more dry goods than grocery stores.

I do agree though, I don't get why they are delaying certain things. Sure demand in certain areas has gone insane but you would think they would cope.

I think they are burst delivering stuff now. Like 3 weeks of critical and 1 week of non.

Last edited:
G

That's not what they did for me. Despite having prime they set the expected delivery days at the End of April. Literally a month away. And no tracking numbers yet at all. Just sitting on my money
Same ordered a power brick for my monitor on the Mar 23rd, wont be here until April24th. Out of 5 shipment over the last 2 weeks that was the only item delayed.
Bought some ram, NVMe drive, cable extensions,led lights all shipped on time per the date stated at ordering.
Same a prime member for years, just the way it is right now amazon is being hammered with ppl ordering due to covid.

Lpfan4ever

All they're saying is that your item might be delayed until then, not that it will arrive then. I ordered a phone case and it got here in 3 days despite the Apr 22 date specified. If they get 1000 orders for food and TP and stuff, your order gets put on the back burner until they're through those orders.

JD

Staff member
Yeah, friend ordered a Nintendo Switch on the weekend and it came today. His original date was end of April as well.

I believe some people who sell on Amazon (the fulfilled by Amazon ones) have said Amazon is not accepting inventory from them if it's not essential. So it depends what you bought and where it's actually coming from.

G

ANDDDD Tracking update my item shipped, as stated they are filling orders as they can by the sounds of it.
Finally get go back to my curved monitor, with my eye condition going from curved back to flat is hard.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Ah thanks for the replies all. A bit of relief to know that they're not actually doing shady crap. Still though, with so much of their system automated, how can a surge in one department cause such wildly inaccurate shipping estimates, which are only once in a while. Really doesn't make sense to me. Even during boxing day and other crazy sales - all of which must have higher traffic than right now - shipping estimates are solid, tracking numbers arrive with 24hrs, etc.

I just don't get it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
They're probably just trying to not set unrealistic expectations due to the way they're prioritizing orders, so they say "shipping End April".

You'd be a lot more upset if they said "WILL GET IT TOMORROW" and you didnt get it for two weeks, because they pushed your order back to ship out some spaghetti to someone, no?

Latest posts