What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

moocow

A few cats and dogs in Hong Kong were tested to have a weak positive to the virus since like 2 weeks ago. This tiger thing in NYC is first confirmed to be transmitted from a person because the zoo keeper tested positive. So don't go and touch other people's dog when you see them.

belgolas

So far still working in construction on the 3 residential jobs we have. All our other jobs are closed including 2 schools, office building, ect. I forget every job with have but now we are down to 3. So looks like it will be a slow couple of weeks especially because we can't get some materials in. For example my one low income apartment building the hinges for the interior doors come from China and they don't think we will get them till the end of the month. They are trying to get similar hinges from somewhere else as the building will be close to finished by that time.

So many supply shortages for materials.

Personally I don't want to work for the next couple of weeks but I have to. I think they need to further shut things down. If I refused to come into work I wouldn't be eligible for EI. Thankfully every jobsite the site super is taking this more seriously and disinfecting much more often and more commonly touched surfaces. The site super I was at today said he spent 3 hours looking for TP last week and since you can only buy a limited amount he has to frequently search for TP. Getting 24 rolls of TP for 30+ guys on site doesn't last long. Thankfully some stores seem to have an abundance of TP now though oddly some stores still get picked clean. Hand sanitizer is still missing everywhere and we are running out at work. I wished people would stop hoarding it as you don't need much hand sanitizer if you work from home. Just one bottle in your car otherwise just wash your hands with soap.

lowfat

Staff member
Hand sanitizer is still missing everywhere and we are running out at work. I wished people would stop hoarding it as you don't need much hand sanitizer if you work from home. Just one bottle in your car otherwise just wash your hands with soap.
Try any distilleries? A lot of them have switched to making hand sanitizer.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Just saw the feeds out of China. Over 20K people at once site, and all these places now open suddenly again. Why do I feel like wave 2 is incoming over there...Oi...

Something tells me this virus is going to join the likes of Cold and Flu.

So now we'll end up having Cold , Flu and Covid-19 Season.

-ST.

dragoonxx

So far still working in construction on the 3 residential jobs we have. All our other jobs are closed including 2 schools, office building, ect. I forget every job with have but now we are down to 3. So looks like it will be a slow couple of weeks especially because we can't get some materials in. For example my one low income apartment building the hinges for the interior doors come from China and they don't think we will get them till the end of the month. They are trying to get similar hinges from somewhere else as the building will be close to finished by that time.
we're still working here, but our march sales were down like 40%... and from what we're seeing/forecasting for the rest of april...we'll be down 80%, and as far as our proposals go... those are WAY down too

mrgrtt123

Only a few people work in the office majority of the staff(including me) are working from home.
The number of cases increases every day and everywhere. I have decided to cancel my flight as I feel like this won't be over soon. My friend and his colleagues who work for Carnival Cruise Line were sent home after a week as all customers have canceled their trip. He is now on a 14 days home quarantine.
My brother who works as a nurse won't be able to go home for a couple of months and have decided to undergo Covid-19 test as 20% of the hospital staff had a positive result.
If more people won't cooperate then expect that the number of cases will spike up on a daily basis.

KaptCrunch

use of the higher energy millimeter-wave radiation. ... It's ionizing radiation that is dangerous because it can break chemical bonds.
stay away from towers to keep immune healthy

Millimeter waves have difficulty traversing many walls and windows, so indoor coverage is limited.

Last edited:

Lysrin

*snip* I wished people would stop hoarding it as you don't need much hand sanitizer if you work from home. Just one bottle in your car otherwise just wash your hands with soap.

Exactly this. If you have access to soap and water that is still better. And don't even get me started on the people wearing gloves but not changing them as they go from place to place!

belgolas

stay away from towers to keep immune healthy

Millimeter waves have difficulty traversing many walls and windows, so indoor coverage is limited.
5G just like any radio wave is not ionizing radiation. It is perfectly safe. It is so ignorant that people blame radio towers for this pandemic when viruses have existed longer than humans have been around.