What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

gingerbee

7 x 4tb hard drives mostly Seagate a couple of WD for the pmr which I think they are but mostly 4tb smr for drivepool on the server that's been sitting in my living room for a month. never really sure anymore since HDD companies won't tell you if its smr or pmr normally the cache size gives it away.

From what I cant tell SMR drives always need a large 256mb where the PMR drives are only 64mb cache. Still have 4-5 8tb drives I have to buy and its such a great time to buy right now lol

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
7 x 4tb hard drives mostly Seagate a couple of WD for the pmr which I think they are but mostly 4tb smr for drivepool on the server that's been sitting in my living room for a month. never really sure anymore since HDD companies won't tell you if its smr or pmr normally the cache size gives it away.

From what I cant tell SMR drives always need a large 256mb where the PMR drives are only 64mb cache. Still have 4-5 8tb drives I have to buy and its such a great time to buy right now lol

Yeah, I'm doing the same before the prices spike on PC components. Had another 2TB NAS drive shit the bed. I think they're all from that bad timeperiod for WD Reds, as they're all around 5 years old.

Replacing them with Ironwolf 4TB's. 2 of the 5 done.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Some MDF shiplap for a feature wall in our bedroom from Home Depot, and the wife ordered some new light fixures for the kitchen from Wayfair. The honey-do list is getting longer the more time we spend at home. :)

gingerbee

Yeah, I'm doing the same before the prices spike on PC components. Had another 2TB NAS drive shit the bed. I think they're all from that bad timeperiod for WD Reds, as they're all around 5 years old.

Replacing them with Ironwolf 4TB's. 2 of the 5 done.
Ya, I have been fighting with myself if I should buy iron wolf drives or just regular Seagate which I have bought so far considering this server will only be turned on a couple of times a month I am not sure if I need them. yup not looking forward to the price hike that's coming

FreeKnight

Finally got my living room couches, ottoman and rug in. Custom ordered. I decided to invoke my inner John Hammond and "spared no expense" ;)

Attachments

• 20200406_130026.jpg
    20200406_130026.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts