What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

G

Got my Romer switches in yesterday, swapped out the bad switch last night. ( bought 20 this time rather than 2 )
While I do prefer the feel of blues, they were way to loud for the wife.

I rerally do prefer the lighting on romers over a say cherry, romers have no light spill over just the symbol is lite rather than having the led slightly above the switch and having light spill across the the whole kb plate.

Izerous

Folding Team
Have not used an ATM in a long time, have not needed to. But yesterday I deposited some cheques... got to say it is impressive that I no longer need to mess around with the envelopes, or if depositing cash I don't even need to use and envelope or count it, although I will for my own piece of mind.

ATMs feel like that have not changed for many years. Got better screens etc but never really changed. This feels like an actual change.

lowfat

Staff member
Have not used an ATM in a long time, have not needed to. But yesterday I deposited some cheques... got to say it is impressive that I no longer need to mess around with the envelopes, or if depositing cash I don't even need to use and envelope or count it, although I will for my own piece of mind.

ATMs feel like that have not changed for many years. Got better screens etc but never really changed. This feels like an actual change. Except for TD, those machines are 12+ years old but get keep getting upgraded.
Most ATMs have a 6-8 year life span or so. Not because they are becoming unreliable but for bigger screens, better device etc.

As for envelope-less deposit depends on the bank IMO. My ranking of ranking of machines w/ envelope-less deposit. RBC > CIBC = BMO > Scotia > TD.

Izerous

Folding Team
Most ATMs have a 6-8 year life span or so. Not because they are becoming unreliable but for bigger screens, better device etc.

As for envelope-less deposit depends on the bank IMO. My ranking of ranking of machines w/ envelope-less deposit. RBC > CIBC = BMO > Scotia > TD.

Yeah was an RBC machine just caught me off guard looking randomly around for envelope to re-read the screen an not need one. Always hated manually typing in amounts to hit OK and have the ATM open almost instantly demanding the envelope before you even get a chance to seal it. Was a weird feeling of being rushed by a machine.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Happiness is a little project that came together like planned. A prototype, if you will. It's a wine bottle carrier made out of a $4 piece of pine. I'm working on a growler carrier next, then a 6-pack carrier. For those of us that prefer to stay in their neighbourhood for social distance visits but still like to bring a drink or 2. I've also got an idea for attaching a double wishbone that you can hang wine glasses off but is narrow enough to use as a handle in the middle instead of the dowel.

Wine Carriet.jpg

G

So installed one of these lastnight in the front intake of my case.

All one color so no need for rgb jokes, anyway so simple to install. 1 fan cord 1 lighting cord that's it. way cleaner that conventional 3x setup. No gaps any where, would do wonders on a rad as it acts as a shroud. So why aren't more companies doing this, I believe Artic cooling had something similar at one time IIRC.

lowfat

Staff member
So installed one of these lastnight in the front intake of my case.

All one color so no need for rgb jokes, anyway so simple to install. 1 fan cord 1 lighting cord that's it. way cleaner that conventional 3x setup. No gaps any where, would do wonders on a rad as it acts as a shroud. So why aren't more companies doing this, I believe Artic cooling had something similar at one time IIRC.
When that was posted in a thread a few months ago I thought it was a pretty fantastic idea. It and the dockable Lian Li ones, if they ever come out.

sswilson

Staff member
It's a cool idea (pun intended), but playing devil's advocate here.... what if one of the fans gives out 1 month out of warranty?

G

It's a cool idea (pun intended), but playing devil's advocate here.... what if one of the fans gives out 1 month out of warranty?
You know you just cursed me right?

Good point though, then again I have never had a warranty claim on a fan before.

sswilson

Staff member
You know you just cursed me right?

Good point though, then again I have never had a warranty claim on a fan before.

Heh... my wife doesn't believe in curses like that (or so she tells me when I've got the duty phone and she comments that my shift is almost over and I haven't had a call yet.... :) ).