What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

do you think it would be good if mobo power connectors were turned 90 degrees?

lowfat

Staff member
I'd like to see the Usb-c connectors turned or moved. Looks like crap sticking 2" straight out off the MOBO.
Placement is the issue for me. Like why is the USB3/C connector right next to the 24-pin? Why can't it be w/ the rest of the front panel connectors?

Entz

I would prefer they just include the 50 cent 90 adapter in the box vs forcing them to be turned. One less chassis compatibility issue to worry about. Still get your lovely "flat" look if you want it.

USB is another one that is problematic no matter where they put it. Some have it along the bottom and it cant be 90 as it would hit the PSU shroud, but having the cable come straight out is horrible looking lol.

Izerous

Folding Team
Hell. Even on the back of the MOBO would be good. I don't need to see the wire at all.

OO what if they took that mutli-module PSU idea and did that backwards. I cannot remember the manufacturer right now maybe silverstone where is has what I equate to a power bar and you have super short cables coming off of it. Instead of having all the front panel I/O connectors where they typically are a single cable comes out and can be hidden with all the connections on it. So you would see 1 accessory cable and any neccessary power cables but all the internal USB, front I/O could be on that breakout box behind the motherboard tray.

Edit: Correction was Seasonic unit I was thinking of.

Last edited:

Latest posts