What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android Phone as PC system monitor

Lysrin

I've been experimenting with it on my phone. Works very well. Interface is a little clunky but once you have it set up with the dashboard and widgets you want, works well.

sswilson

Staff member
You don't need a USB cable, that's to keep the phone charged. I've got this hooked up to my Razer 2 so I can check temps easily. You do have to pay $1.49 to unlock the dashboard with the pretty graphs, but it's worth the money.

I'm looking at this in the google play store and it lists possible "in app purchases" as up to $28... can you confirm that you were able to get "pretty graphs" for under $2? Any idea what the $28 purchase would be?

edit: While I'm at it... how was the purchase done? The only paid android products I've purchased had a purchase option directly on the play store so it was easy enough for me to input my CC info just for that one purchase... how does that work for in-app purchases?

Izerous

Folding Team
In app purchases are done through google play. Just triggered from in the application, a SKU is passed to the google sdk and google takes over everything else. As a developer I'd never have access to your actual credit card info etc.

Any attempt to use a non-google play store integration for purchase handling can result in a ban and more, not of just the application but of the whole developer account etc.

sswilson

Staff member
Finally got around to getting this up and running.... takes a bit of work to get it configured, but pretty cool once you get it set up.

Well worth the pittance being asked for (I paid more than the minimum) and a perfect example of what an "app" is vice what a program is.... :)

Latest posts