What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Quiet case with good airflow? Is the Meshify the best option?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Paid about $40 on Amazon...I don't have many tools for building nor the patience to build this on my own.

Yoooooo. This is great and I need one. Even at $40 I think its a good price, althought a 400 lb rating is a bit much for a computer case ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
I have had computers in excess of 80lbs for the tower alone. I use a collapseable platform truck for moving them around since I can collapse it and store it but for you purpose... princess auto has moving dollies that you wouldn't even have to cut out the bottom for less money.

Quick example more like this one in different sizes. $20 for this specific one.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I have had computers in excess of 80lbs for the tower alone. I use a collapseable platform truck for moving them around since I can collapse it and store it but for you purpose... princess auto has moving dollies that you wouldn't even have to cut out the bottom for less money.

Quick example more like this one in different sizes. $20 for this specific one.

Haha I actually looked at that one. I got the one I did because it was pretty much the perfect size. But that's a good option too.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
If youre happy with your peak temps that might be something. What are those temps btw? Best to compare the performance of your current AIO + cpu combo against someone that's got the same or similar. So it might not be the tim afterall, just a question of fan profiles.

In terms of ramping up quickly to deal with temperature spikes? Slippery slope. Some mobos (like my current one) allow you change the rate of how often the temperature is polled, and subsequently changes how fast your fans react to temp changes. However, going too far in that direction means you'll get fans ramping up and down wildly all over the place, which can be very annoying.

My preference is to keep the minimum fan speed (or the temperature range across which the fan spins at its slowest) to be as fast as possible without making the case loud. I like really quiet systems so I don't go too fast with this setup, but my AIO fans still spin at something like 40% at minimum. It helps deal with temperature spikes somewhat and I find it's better than fast polling. Personal preference, I guess.

chrisk

Folding Captain
If youre happy with your peak temps that might be something. What are those temps btw? Best to compare the performance of your current AIO + cpu combo against someone that's got the same or similar. So it might not be the tim afterall, just a question of fan profiles.

In terms of ramping up quickly to deal with temperature spikes? Slippery slope. Some mobos (like my current one) allow you change the rate of how often the temperature is polled, and subsequently changes how fast your fans react to temp changes. However, going too far in that direction means you'll get fans ramping up and down wildly all over the place, which can be very annoying.

My preference is to keep the minimum fan speed (or the temperature range across which the fan spins at its slowest) to be as fast as possible without making the case loud. I like really quiet systems so I don't go too fast with this setup, but my AIO fans still spin at something like 40% at minimum. It helps deal with temperature spikes somewhat and I find it's better than fast polling. Personal preference, I guess.

I'm getting 75c max on the CPU in Aida64 (CPU is stock but I have XMP profile set at 3200mhz if that matters). A bit less on prime95. I saw 77c max on the old setup that was louder. I have not done much with the GPU yet, though.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm getting 75c max on the CPU in Aida64 (CPU is stock but I have XMP profile set at 3200mhz if that matters). A bit less on prime95. I saw 77c max on the old setup that was louder. I have not done much with the GPU yet, though.

Is that temp Aida64 @ 75? A lot of programs have difficulty reading ryzen temps & voltages properly; I just ran it on my 3900x, aida64 said I was at 63c, MSI afterburner says 75c, and Ryzen Master says 75. All temps under AIDA64 load.

Funny enough, although AB & RM are the same under load Afterburner NON-100% load temps are right out (search my post about this 'sawtooth' error it has, in my post history if you want to see more) and totally untrustworthy.

Ryzen is tricky compared to 'traditional' CPU's as we've known them, even in the recent past. Just be sure what you're using is accurate for whatever metric you're reading reporting, especially vcore, soc & temps. Trust Ryzen Master the most is what I've discovered.

Oh, I'm using a Corsair h100i 280mm AIO (running 'silent' fan profile and 'max' for pump) for my cooling so to me your temps seem totally fine anecdotally speaking.

Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain
Is that temp Aida64 @ 75? A lot of programs have difficulty reading ryzen temps & voltages properly; I just ran it on my 3900x, aida64 said I was at 63c, MSI afterburner says 75c, and Ryzen Master says 75. All temps under AIDA64 load.

Funny enough, Afterburner NON-load temps are right out (search my post about this 'sawtooth' error it has, in my post history if you want to see more).

Ryzen is tricky. Just be sure what you're using is accurate for whatever metric you're reading reporting, especially vcore, soc & temps. Trust Ryzen Master the most is what I've discovered.

Oh, I'm using a Corsair h100i 280mm AIO (running 'silent' fan profile and 'max' for pump) for my cooling so to me your temps seem totally fine anecdotally speaking.

The temps I'm using are being reported by aida64, but the temps I'm going by are the CPU diode temps. Aida64 and other programs will also report the "CPU temps" which are usually lower. (the diode temps are supposed to be from the cpu package, where the "cpu temps" are read from the mobo socket).

So in your scenario, Aida could have been giving you the cpu socket temps, where Afterburner was giving you the diode temps. Ryzen Master uses the diode temps AFAIK.

edit: also, aida shows the "cpu temp" as about 10-15c lower than the diode temp as well.

Latest posts