What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Xbox Game Pass For PC

JD

Staff member
Looks like the new Flight Simulator will be included on XBOX Game Pass too! I'll definitely give it a try, even though my flying skills will be extremely subpar. Hopefully I can fly over Toronto though.

They also put Grounded on there too last week? Survival type game, seems promising for a "preview" game. The spiders are a bit creepy/startling though! No wonder they put a warning when you launch it and gave an option to remove the spider model entirely.

On2wheels

Yeah I'm trying it for flight sim too, but will buy on Steam eventually. Seems like way more titles are included in game pass now.
By the way the xbox app is much more user friendly that using the MS Store. Except for Fallout76, seems Bethesda won't let it run right no matter what I try.

sswilson

Staff member
Any idea if they're going to include DLC with the flight sim? That's where the real money starts to add up.....

JD

Staff member
Any idea if they're going to include DLC with the flight sim? That's where the real money starts to add up.....
Looks like it's just the standard release, and generally speaking, MS doesn't include DLC's. That's where they (try) to recoup some of their losses on Game Pass I suspect, cause honestly, $6/month for this is a bit nuts.

Lysrin

I am into combat flight sims, but I have been amazed at what I am seeing from MS Flight Sim 2020. It is mind-boggling. I'll be getting it but just trying to decide if I should go the Game Pass route or just buy the game itself. There are some good other games on the Pass for the money for sure so that makes it feel like a reasonable option. What's one more gaming service? :p

On2wheels

I'd say game pass is worth it for the $1 month. You can beat alot of the games on there in that time if you work at it, and heck even if you like them and pay an extra month it's ok. For example, Ori and the blind Forest is on there and feels like something two people could really chill out with if you're stuck indoors. Looks really nice but as a platformer I wasn't thrilled.

I picked up a joystick for flight sim and hoping it works in Elite Dangerous too. Lysrin dont forget FS2020 is on steam now, please dont say you would buy on MS Store!

Last edited:

FreeKnight

I'd say game pass is worth it for the $1 month. You can beat alot of the games on there in that time if you work at it, and heck even if you like them and pay an extra month it's ok. For example, Ori and the blind Forest is on there and feels like something two people could really chill out with if you're stuck indoors. Looks really nice but as a platformer I wasn't thrilled.

I picked up a joystick for flight sim and hoping it works in Elite Dangerous too. Lysrin dont forget FS2020 is on steam now, please dont say you would buy on MS Store!
Is it that cheap still on PC? For some reason I thought games pass for PC was up to normal price now?

Lysrin

Is it that cheap still on PC? For some reason I thought games pass for PC was up to normal price now?

Website (https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games) says the following:

"Unlimited access to over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10. Join to get your first month for $1, then a limited time price of $5.99 a month thereafter."

So I'd say $1 for the first month but then $5.99 after your first month.

FreeKnight

Website (https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games) says the following:

"Unlimited access to over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10. Join to get your first month for $1, then a limited time price of $5.99 a month thereafter."

So I'd say $1 for the first month but then $5.99 after your first month.
Damn, I forgot it stayed crazy cheap after the first month too. Might re-enroll for a month and finish the Outer Worlds (which I liked, but didn't love).

Might have to finally cave and get a joystick for MS Flight Simulator. Will have to start looking into reviews.

JD

Staff member
Yup, mines been at $5.99CAD (+HST) for a while now. Not sure what "limited time" refers to, but I guess eventually it's going to go up. Best deal of all the gaming subscriptions though as it is.