What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

everyone, buy your 12 pin adapters now before it's too late!

Entz

I really do hope they include a 3x8 to the new connector in the box or something.

Dwayne

I really do hope they include a 3x8 to the new connector in the box or something.

From the teaser video it appears that if there is a 12 pin connector, and adapter will be provided. The Seasonic adapter was 2 x 8 to 12 Pin, I believe.

See 6:18.

Also Tom's Hardware is speculating that board partners will probably continue to utilize the standard power configurations.

"However, what must be noted either way is that these rumors are all about the Nvidia reference card, so it isn't necessarily telling anything about the custom cards that make up a large chunk of the market. Nvidia's board partners will undoubtedly have their own designs, possibly sticking to the classic card design with roomier PCBs and the old-style PCIe power connectors. As noted in Seasonic's power cable leak, the 12-pin cable from the PSU manufacturer was only meant to be used with PSUs of 850W and above, so I believe there's a good chance that the 12-pin connector is only a thing on the halo GPU. "

Entz

that would be the easiest way to transition to the new connector, but it would cost Nvidia money to do that. when, in recently memory, have they ever acted in the consumers best interests?
I am sure they will put this under one of the reasons why the 3000 series has a price increase. A 5$ cable rounded up government style is umm, carry the one, $100 more than last year!

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
They provided cables to switch the old IDE power plugs to PCIE back in the day, until the new standard was adopted by PSU manufacturers. I cant see why they wouldnt again.

Latest posts