What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Izerous

Folding Team
RAM :)

15989149990453637527523674798849.jpg

Also I think there is just enough room to run tubing if I was able to find 4 waterblocks.

Entz

A $20 16GB Optane m.2 drive. Hoping to use it in a Z170 for a ZFS SLOG. Intel says they don't work. Internet vaguely says they won't work in Z170. But they work in Ryzen so why wouldn't they? I guess we will see when it shows up.

Well, guess Intel is full of it, and they'll work in any system that supports NVMe.
Awesome. I am curious to know how this works. I was going back and forth on the cheap optanes and ended up just biting the bullet and picking up a new HP branded P3700 U.2 (~137 CAD). Which is overkill most likely.

sswilson

Staff member
4X IceX Xi3 winter tires @ CT. Clearance price of $102 for some reason so it's $100+ savings over my usual discounted Costco purchase.

sswilson

Staff member
4X IceX Xi3 winter tires @ CT. Clearance price of $102 for some reason so it's $100+ savings over my usual discounted Costco purchase.

Cancelled. :(

Guess it's back to Costco the next time they have a seasonal tire sale.....

Lysrin

ASUS Chromebook model C234M for daughter returning to school. Given the new slogan in school "Not sharing is caring" I figured she should have her own in our complex COVID times ;)

Don't go try and look up the model. It's a mystery it seems. Maybe it's a BestBuy exclusive or something. Anyway, had reasonable specs and features for the price. Seems like a nice little unit and will serve her fine for Grade 6 efforts. This is the one: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...on-n4020-64gb-emmc-4gb-ram-chrome-os/14690262

Izerous

Folding Team
I have a 1953 Dodge pickup in the garage and I want to resto-mod it kind of thing. Upgrade to 12V, modern brakes, modern engine etc.

So I had a jeep lined up to be a donor pull one body off put the other on was the plan. Until I realized that some brilliant engineer at Jeep started producing some of them with unibodies/hybrid unibody not pure body on frame anymore. Track width was about right and wheel base was off by about 2 inches would have been really easy to fudge the fitment but the whole unibody issue just killed it.

So instead found a Ram 1500 that had been rolled and had it dropped off last night. Even though it is a regular cab short box it is still a bit longer and wider than I had hoped for and will be a more difficult fitment. However this thing is so tall with 35in tires and 6in lift I can't physically get it through the garage door for the time being.

My crew cab long box nissan frontier with a THULE MOAB basket on the roof might even be shorter than this thing.