What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows ME...20 years ago already!

Entz

Yeah the new driver model caused soooo many issues. plus UAC was annoying as hell. It wasn’t bad per say but Microsoft pushed it out before it was ready IMO.

Thankfully the public beta test that was Vista and all the pain and discontent resulted in arguably the best, most well polished, OS ever made.

FreeKnight

I feel like Vista is the victim of a hate 'hype' train more than it was actually bad. It had issues sure (I found it pretty painless), but I think it was more that so many people were still on the XP program and Vista was the first big change in years. Plus this was the first MS OS where complaining on the internet was really a quick and easy thing to a large platform (FB, Twitter, etc).

If you asked 10 people on the street if vista was bad, I'd say at least 9/10 would say yes. If you asked those 9 people to explain why it was bad, you'd get crickets.

Izerous

Folding Team
On the note of Vista the people I knew with issues were running home versions. I went with ultimate edition and didn't encounter the issues they did even with comparable hardware.

Lysrin

I found Vista was fine once it was patched up. I didn't have any out-of-the-ordinary issues. I wasn't an early adopter because of all the complaints.

djbrad

I had the only stable computer with ME at the time.
My old PII 233 with 64mb ram, and a Rage IIC. Everybody told me I was crazy running that os.
But it worked for me, and I did not miss (or rarely) a burned cd with it (no buffer underun protection, don't touch the computer while burning!).

Vista went well for me, but going from 2GB to 4GB speeded it up quite a bit. Anyone remember using usb flash drive to speed up the os?

Bond007

I skipped a lot of windows. I never ran ME. If I remember right I went from 95 to XP to 7 to 10.

Izerous

Folding Team
I hit most of them... dos > 3.1 > 95 > me > xp > vista > 7 > 10
School was using NT well after XP was released.
Pretty sure i skipped 98 but i honestly don't recall.

Use Mac at work because I have to, and been fiddling more and more with linux. An old iMac i fixed up is even running ububtu for the kids to use.

Latest posts