What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I have managed to secure a evga FTW3 ultra card, well not in hand but once it comes in I got one. banana

How long that will take, unsure but at least I am on the list.

In the hopes of high hell...If you dont end up wanting it, get it, and I'll buy it off you. We're both in Edmonton if that makes it any easier

ipaine

In the hopes of high hell...If you dont end up wanting it, get it, and I'll buy it off you. We're both in Edmonton if that makes it any easier
I do believe the odds of that are fairly slim. But I would keep you in mind if that did happen.

moocow

So what if RDNA2 actually match or beat the 3080 performance? Anyone planning to drop their pre-order and switch, unless you really need Nvidia for your software.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
So what if RDNA2 actually match or beat the 3080 performance? Anyone planning to drop their pre-order and switch, unless you really need Nvidia for your software.
unless AMD has managed to keep the secret that well, nothing indicates an Nvidia killer on the high end performance front. however...like the RX 5000 did, they likely will have excellent product offer for the high side of mid-range.

sswilson

Staff member

I'd actually prefer to see a mid/low level AMD card hit the market. If there was something freesync compatible with performance slightly lower than a 1070 ti I'd seriously consider grabbing one to build a stand-alone pinball rig with.

clshades

I'd actually prefer to see a mid/low level AMD card hit the market. If there was something freesync compatible with performance slightly lower than a 1070 ti I'd seriously consider grabbing one to build a stand-alone pinball rig with.
One thing I've noticed about AMD cards is, their monitor and tv support are spectacular.

rjbarker

Well I knew the one I wanted wasn't going to be available anyways so I didn't even try to go anywhere. But the real question is if I have now missed out on placing a "pre-order/backorder" for it.

But like sswilson said, this is basically a paper launch if you ask me. I'm guessing that there couldn't have been more than a dozen or so cards for all Alberta in Memex. I mean why launch? I would have rather seen a launch pushed back by another week or two just to increase initial availability.

Launches like this just annoy your customers, and I can guarantee they are losing some sales because of it. Some people will just get over that I must buy feeling and then start waiting to see what AMD has, or if the rumored 20gb model comes out, etc.

Thats too true, exactly how I feel now, ride out 1080Ti SLi another 5 months or so and see what 3080Ti looks like - maybe !

Shadowarez

Folding Team
seen a few on the ebay $1400usd to $80,000usd hope those fkers gouging get stuck with cards they cant offload, praise the bots doing gods work.

Latest posts