What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I will say i'm not exactly happy with the Samsung rage/oven we bought for this house and were far happier with the whirlpool that was in the other house.

We went with the samsung because it was one of the only ones that had both steam clean and super hot clean which is what the original whirlpool had. But even looking at Whirlpools lineup at the time it wasn't an option. My complaint about the Samsung comes down to the temperature control on a range of 0-10 on the knobs 0-3.5 seems to take forever 4.5-10 means your burning whatever your cooking. Instead of nice temperature control it feels more like 0ff or 4 and every other temperature is almost irrelevant. And didn't have that issue wit the older whirlpool
mmm...I m must clarify. I meant one of the smaller counter top convection / toaster ovens.

I'd like to get the Breville Smart Pro, but @ $500, it's way to much. it's being cleared out...but haven't seen any discounted prices low enough for me to be interested. it's little brother, the Smart Compact has gone low enough and it will do a 12" pizza...but I'm looking at Cuisinart TOB-260N1 as it's highly regarded.

Entz

I have I guess what would be the equal to the current "Smart Oven" (non-pro). They keep the name an change the features a bit over time and it has been flawless as a small oven. Had it for 6 years. Doesn't get quite as much use as it used to though.

I don't toast or broil in though but from a pure cooking stand point it works great.

FreeKnight

I have the Breville Smart oven pro and it's fucking amazing. Set up a CCC price alert and check the bay, if you can get it on a sale it's absolutely worth it. It's essentially a 2nd oven, not a toaster oven, and tbh I use it more than my regular oven (which is a whirlpool gold, so it isn't like it's a garbage ove)

Entz

Actually I just pulled the number, and its a 650XL which is the "Compact version" . So there you go!

Latest posts