What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

JD

Staff member
seems the Cuisinart Dual Hot Plate I bought is defective. the small element took 15 minutes to heat up and boil a small pot of water to cook an egg. it's at the top of all the review comparisons, so exchanging in the hopes that it's bunk.

crazy that the 1300w single element model is just a few dollars cheaper than this 1800w dual element model. :p
Wouldn't induction be better? Otherwise just use your stovetop?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Wouldn't induction be better? Otherwise just use your stovetop?
I have a kitchen-not-kitchen. doesn't have a stove / oven...nor the power. it has a sink, but it looks like they just connected to the bathroom plumbing. we have counter top and bottom cupboards...and very little electrical. two...maybe three circuits and one is fridge.

Prickly007

According to DSLreports, Fibre+ 300 subscribers will see their upload speeds increased. Those of us that have Internet 300 will not get a bump in upload speed.

Less than a year until I get to tell Shaw to go fuck themselves!

clshades

seems the Cuisinart Dual Hot Plate I bought is defective. the small element took 15 minutes to heat up and boil a small pot of water to cook an egg. it's at the top of all the review comparisons, so exchanging in the hopes that it's bunk.

crazy that the 1300w single element model is just a few dollars cheaper than this 1800w dual element model. :p
Well, for a comparison, a large stove element is 3000 watts and it would take 5 minutes maybe longer to hear the same?

120v induction works better btw. They are our there.

Last edited:

gingerbee

this has been just a bang-up week on the bank account started out fine wife gets 1000 tattoo which has been planned for months looks great, ok then we see an option to buy her a switch so we do there's 600 with a 3-year geek squad warranty so far so good all planned but we have spent a lot of money so what happened next was the crap icing on the cake of a good week, the washing machine decides to have a major meltdown at the ripe age of just 22 months.... damn so as the repair guy comes Monday hoping it won't cost too much to fix but wife says the speaker on her phone is acting up just great.

I always love fall cause no matter what it always seems to cause our bank account to fall

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
portable washing machine the upstairs tenants have malfunctioned and water poured into our bathroom below. we're fortunate we have a drain...but every towel in the house is used up. water leaking for several different points in the ceiling and it dribbled all over the furnace. got a dehumidifier in with the furnace now to help dry it out asap. I'm worried about rusting...

JD

Staff member
So I ordered a 16TB Seagate External drive off Amazon last night, shows up today, box looks fine, label looks fine, everything seems to indicate it would be 16TB... go and plug it in... only 9TB usable space. I figure there's only a 10TB drive inside? What are the odds of the factory messing this up though... the box appeared untampered and all the packaging seems new.

Back to Amazon it goes...

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Grrrrr......

Contrary to the experience most folks have reported while using iCue, I've had pretty good luck with it respecting my colour configuration(s). NZXT's Cam OTOH has been a nightmare from day one, and only seems to get the occasional period of time where an update seems to have convinced it to work as advertised.

The latest issue is recovering from sleep.... it's applying a straight white colour as opposed to the muted blue I've programmed in and the only way to get it to apply the correct setting is to close the program and re-open it. What a major PITA!

Might be time to start shopping around for a set of corsair light strips to replace this NZXT Hue+ (I can't complain too much.... I got it for free using NCIX points.... :) ).

edit: I set a price watch @$40 for the corsair 4 pack maybe I'll grab a set when/if it goes on sale.

Last edited:

clshades

Grrrrr......

Contrary to the experience most folks have reported while using iCue, I've had pretty good luck with it respecting my colour configuration(s). NZXT's Cam OTOH has been a nightmare from day one, and only seems to get the occasional period of time where an update seems to have convinced it to work as advertised.

The latest issue is recovering from sleep.... it's applying a straight white colour as opposed to the muted blue I've programmed in and the only way to get it to apply the correct setting is to close the program and re-open it. What a major PITA!

Might be time to start shopping around for a set of corsair light strips to replace this NZXT Hue+ (I can't complain too much.... I got it for free using NCIX points.... :) ).

edit: I set a price watch @$40 for the corsair 4 pack maybe I'll grab a set when/if it goes on sale.
iCue has issues too. Especially fan issues.

gingerbee

not a rant but more of cheer after organizing all the server and the backup drive I have 5 free drives now wicked happy no more money needs to be spent