What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Facebook might take it's ball and go home....

sswilson

Staff member

So, any chance they actually carry this out? I'm personally a big fan of the data security rules keeping non-US data out of the hands of US 3 letter orgs, and realise that keeping data stored on Geo-Located/isolated servers will be a PITA for social media companies, but it's a direct response to the US government's position that it has the right to access any information stored on US soil.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Considering Facebook is the most corrupt hate-filled cesspool in all social media, I welcome any news about them not getting their way. Almost all of FB is hateful and toxic; reporting racists, sexists and other intolerant trash falls on deaf ears constantly.

Can't wait for the day they go under. Maybe this will be the first step.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Considering Facebook is the most corrupt hate-filled cesspool in all social media, I welcome any news about them not getting their way. Almost all of FB is hateful and toxic; reporting racists, sexists and other intolerant trash falls on deaf ears constantly.

Can't wait for the day they go under. Maybe this will be the first step.
I thought that was 4Chan? ;)

let's hope regulators don't back down and see what FB does. there's now way they're going to give up 500 million users...

Herne

...but it's a direct response to the US government's position that it has the right to access any information stored on US soil.
It's worse than that- and a key art of the EU position. The
US government's position that it has the right to access any information stored on EU or US soil held by US companies or their subsidiaries even where it violates EU law. I pointed out when I worked for a key Canadian democratic institution that our data would be safer in Reykjavik data centres then a Toronto one.

Latest posts