What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

TTC

I put my name on the Canada computers waiting list for an EVGA. STrix wait is to long

Soultribunal

Staff member
I saw mention of a German reseller not even get 4% of their current orders.

every launch of every new GPU has always gone this way...why haven't they tried to better prepare and compensate by ensuring there is lots of stock shipped to their partners before letting it go live? :p

Actually I don't believe that to be the case. Most GPU Launches I have seen there usually is ample stock (or at least better than what we've seen).
We have a massive amount of economic and personal hardship in a world greatly effected by a Pandemic.
This has disrupted production schedules, materials schedules, personnel losses due to attrition, logistics woe's the list goes on and on.
Plus, using Samsung for their 8nm node vs TSCM 7nm probably had some role to play as well. Not all on nVidia for supply issues, at least that's how I see it.

I think most other cards I've gotten close to or within a week or two of launch day.

-ST

clshades

Actually I don't believe that to be the case. Most GPU Launches I have seen there usually is ample stock (or at least better than what we've seen).
We have a massive amount of economic and personal hardship in a world greatly effected by a Pandemic.
This has disrupted production schedules, materials schedules, personnel losses due to attrition, logistics woe's the list goes on and on.
Plus, using Samsung for their 8nm node vs TSCM 7nm probably had some role to play as well. Not all on nVidia for supply issues, at least that's how I see it.

I think most other cards I've gotten close to or within a week or two of launch day.

-ST
Exactly. All things considered under current circumstances, we shouldn't be too upset.

ipaine

Yea while I don't for a second think this is much better than a straight paper launch, there have been some fairly large obstacles this year. So I will say some blame lays with the covid.

But the thing is in the past I just walked in a got a 1080 just after launch, then another right after. This time around it has been 3 weeks and not that many have been able to get cards. MemEx would not be putting out notices about not having stock and not sure when they will get it, if they were getting it in on a regular basis. That too me is the big difference, the stores aren't even getting stock this time around, other launches in the past, while maybe not much, stock was at least showing up.

ipaine

Where art thou?

Thou art here:

20201028_182820.jpg

Yup got my card today. I mean of course, right when AMD releases their info. I'm fairly sure I would still go with Nvidia but I do wonder if we will see price cuts at all.
Or it will convince Nvidia to release a 3080ti come mid Jan so that I can use the evga step-up.

Dwayne

Where art thou?

Thou art here:

View attachment 29876

Yup got my card today. I mean of course, right when AMD releases their info. I'm fairly sure I would still go with Nvidia but I do wonder if we will see price cuts at all.
Or it will convince Nvidia to release a 3080ti come mid Jan so that I can use the evga step-up.

The best part of an EVGA purchase is the 3 months of Step Up protection! I have never regretted an EVGA purchase yet. Now, after 3 months, all bets are off :) I bought my 2080 and the Supers came out about 7 months later? Anyway, no regrets with tech! Nice card.

Izerous

Folding Team
Important Notice - Thursday, October 29th - GeForce RTX 3070 Launch Please note that the phones for our Alberta, BC, Saskatoon & Winnipeg locations will be unavailable on Thursday, October 29th until 12:00PM for the GeForce RTX 3070 Launch. If you need to contact the store during this time, please use the Contact Us form here: [URL='https://www.memoryexpress.com/Store/Contact?fbclid=IwAR0gTc3j9C3MoJJS8zHL0yzog1XIGsMAAzFfFWTGQ9qmWdU-hfeJzxm0hOw']https://www.memoryexpress.com/Store/Contact[/URL] We will have a limited number of GeForce RTX 3070 graphics cards available for purchase / preorder at our stores on a first come / first serve basis. Online ordering for RTX 3070 graphics cards (including orders for instore pick-up) will not be available until October 31st. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This is interesting, also suggests stock on the 3070s is going to suck.

Latest posts