What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Used Video Card prices - Fall 2020

Petee_c

I'm perusing the local kijiji listings, and the used prices seem to be pretty high....

I sold a GTX 1060 6gb card back in Spring 2020 for about $180cdn locally, and replaced it with a used 1070TI that I bought locally for about $350cdn.

Now I can't find any listings near that price....

Looking to upgrade my son's GTX 970, it's having problems running COD:MW-WZ at under 1080p resolution. His monitor is 1650x1050ish.

Izerous

Folding Team
Last time I looked 1080ti's were listed at $550+, 1080 450-500. No stock on 30 series isn't help matters. I think if the 30 series actually had stock you would see a bunch of people trying to unload 10 series stuff at more aggressive prices but now they are stuck holding onto it for now.

I keep looking once in a while because the idea of jumping to liquid cooled 1080ti SLI isn't out of the range of possibilities.

Dr0y

Here you can find 1070 for between 200 and 300 ... higher than 300 they don't sell ... saw some at 200 and they were gone in less than one day. 1080 between 400 and 500 ... 1080 ti rarely 550 and often 600 +

Strangely rx580 prices are juste completely messed up and people sell used cards often for more than a brand new would cost.

Also there's a beautiful vega frontier liquid cooled for sale at the crazy price of 1500 ... it's never worth that much when it performs around a 1080 level ... even if it's rare, it's not an object of collection ...

rjbarker

Last time I looked 1080ti's were listed at $550+, 1080 450-500. No stock on 30 series isn't help matters. I think if the 30 series actually had stock you would see a bunch of people trying to unload 10 series stuff at more aggressive prices but now they are stuck holding onto it for now.

I keep looking once in a while because the idea of jumping to liquid cooled 1080ti SLI isn't out of the range of possibilities.

^^^^ This exactly.....looks like I'll be sitting on these 1080Ti's (..and yes complete w EK Blocks (nickel backplates)...a tad longer.
Its actually how surprising one card will handle the modern AAA stuff....so many of the decent titles now have no SLi support, so just running single card, loaded RDR2 and with graphics tweaks ...mix of Ultra / High and a few Med settings @ 3440*1440p , 1080Ti boosts to 2050 Mhz (little OC as runs so cool), seem to be abled to sit in that 55 - 75 FPS with DX12, w Vulcan about 15 FPS more (but some flickering textures and flickering OSD.
....latest nv Driver

ipaine

Yea I still don't have my 3080 yet. :cry:

Honestly the 1080ti still does the trick for almost everything, but I really want to play Cyberpunk with all the goodies looking as good as it can. That is the driving force for me to get the card now. I am curious to see how the AMD cards end up doing.

Thing is I still fully expect there to be a 3080ti coming as well, so maybe if I'm somehow really lucky, I'll get my 3080 just before Cyberpunk and then have the 3080ti released just before my evga step-up runs out after 3 months. Then I would get the card I want for Cyber and end up with the TI at the end of the day.

rjbarker

^^^^ Yeah with so little SLi support now I want to ditch the 2 1080Ti's and go with a single 3080 FTW Ultra (I'll still get far better performance w a single new Card)...the last few titles I've completed have been single card no SLi support....that day has finally come to completely be done with 2 Cards..guess I "milked" the 1080Ti SLi arrnagement as much as possible..my Loop will be huge for CPU and single GPU....not to mention a 1600W PSU ;) ....I've been considering ramping up the entire System to a 10900K (sniff for 5.3 Ghz all cores) and an Apex Board, but think I'll just sit on the 9900K at least until Rocket Lake...see what Cores n Clocks look like along with native PCI-E 4.0....stil havent considered joing the new age AMD masses yet (I like OC'ing) ;)

....Got my name on the Evga queue for the FTW Ultra ....will look to EK for the Block....I'll sell my 1080Ti's w the Stock Air Cooler installed but throw in the Water Blocks for $20 each ;)

And yeah it does surprise me just how well the 1080Ti still does...I would think for anyone gaming at 1080p the 1080Ti's would be ample....if RDR2 does as well as it performs at 3440*1440p ...I would think so....

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
(I like OC'ing)
At least AMD doesn't have a "k" tax to have the privilege of overclocking, always did hate that. Not that most AMD chips are great overclockers at least you can do it to all of them or atleast try. Usually better results on intel overclocks... though won't argue that.

rjbarker

At least AMD doesn't have a "k" tax to have the privilege of overclocking, always did hate that. Not that most AMD chips are great overclockers at least you can do it to all of them or atleast try. Usually better results on intel overclocks... though won't argue that.

Yeah was reading a bunch of info regarding new AMD Ryzan chips releasing pretty quick....its the operations per clock that seem to put them ahead of the game now (other than all the Cores, which I dont really care about).....for gaming its always been a balance of multi core and speed....but with more operations per clock speed, the next Gen Ryzan chip is obviously the go to. (thinking 12c / 24t all cores at say 4.8 Ghz (if possible).....guess my biggest concerns is "how to OC" and really not seeing that great of results w OC'ing......anyhow, no plans to change out my current 9900K in the immediate future, the PCI-E 4.0 iwould obviously suit the new Gen GPU's.

Disappointing if all Rocket Lake has to offer is PCI-E 4.0 but no other real gains over present 9900K or 10900K

Latest posts