What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

TheWanderer

Neuromancer by William Gibson. With Cyperpunk 2077 coming out soon I figured I'd re-read that trilogy to get myself in the mood.
I really should finish Neuromancer, I picked it up a couple of years ago but never finished it.

Have you read the Kovacs series by Richard K. Morgan?

Mod edit: the series starts with Altered Carbon, which was recently made into a Netflix series.

Last edited by a moderator:

GregH

I really should finish Neuromancer, I picked it up a couple of years ago but never finished it.

Have you read the Kovacs series by Richard K. Morgan?

Mod edit: the series starts with Altered Carbon, which was recently made into a Netflix series.
I haven't, no. The whole cyberpunk, steampunk genre typically doesn't overly interest me, but that game just looks so dang good I figured I should catch up on the universe to get in the mood.

lowfat

Staff member
I haven't, no. The whole cyberpunk, steampunk genre typically doesn't overly interest me, but that game just looks so dang good I figured I should catch up on the universe to get in the mood.

Are the 2nd and 3rd books any good? 2 of the 4 William Gibson books I've read were so boring. So I didn't bother continuing after Necromancer. :eek:

GregH

Are the 2nd and 3rd books any good? 2 of the 4 William Gibson books I've read were so boring. So I didn't bother continuing after Necromancer. :eek:
To be honest it's been ~20 years since I last read them, so I really don't remember. As I understand it though, Neuromancer is generally considered to be the best of the series.

Arinoth

Staff member
It has very heavy themes, especially with the stuff they do to a certain rat IIRC
To say the lease really and the 'revenge' of the rat too. I'm on the last book, then it's off to something else. Might do a deep-dive back into the Haloverse with novels I have and haven't read.

Arinoth

Staff member
I love the Kilo-13 Trilogy, something about it just makes me reread them every few years.
I've read 2 of 3 of that Trilogy, the original Trilogy by Nylund is still my favourite of that universe. Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx.

great_big_abyss

I just finished re-reading 'The Pillars of the Earth' series by Ken Follet.

I've moved on to a fictional series about Julius Caesar, the first book of which is called 'The Gates of Rome'. I've long been into historical fiction, but have never read anything Roman, so I'm looking foward to it.

lowfat

Staff member
nuWgMXw.jpg

Latest posts