What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what do you do to relax muscle knots and spasms?

Dwayne

Well, Costco sells them so they must be legit.... ;)

A transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) unit is a battery-operated device that some people use to treat pain. My wife bought one a while ago. They are used in quite a number of physio-therapy outlets around the Comox valley too. Lots of info on line about them. For some people, they are quite therapeutic.

Shadowmeph

I used to use tens machine back in the mid 1990s for me it didnt seem to work. magnesium yes that works get get allot of it from Bananas ( which is why distance runners eat so many after runs) this also why I started taking multi vitamins hopefully it helps out

Cannon Fodder

I'm to big for an inversion table...but would totally love to try one of those out!

Well, if you're having an on-going issue, I suggest you do some research(if you haven't, by this point)...... the Teeter inversion table I have, tops out at 300 lbs. max., but I don't know if it's still the same for their newer ones, or what other brands top out at.

If you think about it, the bulk of our body weight is generally our upper bodies, and as long as we're standing or sitting, that weight is constantly crushing our spinal columns. If you have more weight than your frame is made for, that spinal crushing is going to be even worse, so anything you can do to take that weight, and make it work for your spine, in the opposite direction, even for short periods of time, is beneficial.

Before I even bought my inversion table, my previous chiropractor had suggested it, and while doing so, said something along the lines of, "if you can't afford, or want to spend the money, on an inversion table, ANY kind of incline, that takes your weight off your spine, would be helpful..... even if it's nothing more than a sheet of plywood, propped up at one end"(doesn't have to be at a severe angle either..... it JUST needs to use your weight to stretch out your spine in the direction opposite to the way it spends most of its' time).

Maybe have a look at these, and see if any of them MIGHT work better for you(#3 looks kind of interesting): Back Traction Home Devices

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
does anyone here have any experience or insight into massage pads, like the one's you place in a chair and work on your butt, back and neck? or what about those tens electro stimulators? or a massage gun? or massage neck pillow?

Izerous

Folding Team
The ones that are basically like a chair cover i found to be more painful than helpful. And with my height being ~6' most of them didn't travel up my back high enough forcing me to slouch among other awkward positions just to get it to travel my whole back.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
The ones that are basically like a chair cover i found to be more painful than helpful. And with my height being ~6' most of them didn't travel up my back high enough forcing me to slouch among other awkward positions just to get it to travel my whole back.
hmmm...I may have found a solution to your height issues, etc:

clshades

seems I can't get a break. sciatica and now my neck, back, shoulders are beginning to knot up and spams now.

I know magnesium glycinate or malate can help...my mom and wife take it to fight night cramping that MS brings.

I'm trying to find the best medium to wrap my neck / shoulders with that I can put in the freezer for cold treatments and the microwave for hot treatment but there are bazillions of brands and products with no general consensus where one or two surface at the top. :p

When I really hurt my back a few years ago this thing was a godsend. The back is supported off the knees when sitting. Pure gold this thing. Highly recommend.

clshades

Helps you relax when sitting and supports the back so you're not constantly shifting away from pinching pain. I would have died without it I'm sure. I was hunch backed for 3 weeks. PTSD just thinking about it.

You'll wanna make man babies with me after using this thing. Hey, I don't judge bud.

Latest posts