What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed The Crippled God. Scratch Open Frame Build.

lowfat

Staff member
Adding a couple of UV LEDs to the bottom of the heatsink (and fan) to assist with a couple of dead spots.

QSkvdMG.jpg

Got lucky and was able to snag one of these. Should be a huge upgrade from my 1080.
8FzaN40.jpg

jDRPcIv.jpg

CPvnZYc.jpg

Painted the slot cover.
Q5XOBg0.jpg

Only a couple of mm to spare to fit in in the case.
boqiUcZ.jpg

Can see the anti-sag in work. Although the card barely sags.
24POb7M.jpg

Spend the day working on the wiring for it. Since it is an 8+8 pin, I need to use 2 Y cables :( . Doing my best to make it not noticeable.
IStIoAy.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
Looks great as usual, but you had me a bit scared.... showing all those pics of the new 3070 I was half expecting them to be the "before" images and that you were going to start tearing it down for modding.... :)

lowfat

Staff member
Looks great as usual, but you had me a bit scared.... showing all those pics of the new 3070 I was half expecting them to be the "before" images and that you were going to start tearing it down for modding.... :)
Well I did flash the bios w/ an Asus one and painted the slot cover. But no hardware mods, yet. We'll see how the new bios and undervolting work. If I'm still hitting the power limit a lot, then I do have a bunch of current sensing resistors to do a shunt mod.

lowfat

Staff member
Got the last piece in the mail.
yZAZ8rI.jpg

Wiring for the ARGBs
IoVKnhW.jpg

Finished off the GPU cables. Will give them a few days to 'train' before I cut off the combs.
1TRiVtr.jpg

The wiring inside the LED controller box isn't great. But there is just so many cables and I needed a bit of slack. :(
745HkDM.jpg

That's it. She's done. I'll post final pics in a few days. :)

JD

Staff member
The wiring inside the LED controller box isn't great. But there is just so many cables and I needed a bit of slack. :(
I guess you've made that into a covered box?

I commend you on your immense amount of patience (y)

lowfat

Staff member
I guess you've made that into a covered box?

I commend you on your immense amount of patience (y)
It oringally had a hex pattern that was open. But I reprinted a solid one on the weekend when I saw how many wires there was. It'll be in the final pics.

lowfat

Staff member
FINAL PICS!

export-84.jpg

export-86.jpg

export-85.jpg

export-91.jpg

export-90.jpg

export-87.jpg
export-89.jpg

export-93.jpg

export-94.jpg

export-97.jpg

xUUM3yi.jpg

Having a hard time getting good light pictures. The pic don't do the UV justice.
4RKJYQv.jpg

Hardware @ completion:

AMD 5800X + B Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 + Gentle Typhoon AP-15
Asus Prime X570-Pro
MSI RTX 3070 Ventus OC 3X
2x16GB G.Skill 3200 @ 3900 15-14-13-30-43-2T-GDM off
2 x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro
2.4GB FusionIO ioDrive 2 Duo (two 1.2TB drives) + 1.2TB FusionIO ioScale. In a 3 drive RAID0.
Silverstone ST1000-G
3 x Silverstone AP181 180mm Penetrator fans

Latest posts