What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Ernimus Prime

Got lucky yesterday. I checked Canada Computers site and saw Halifax had 1 msi Ventus 3x rtx 3080 oc ed. I called they confirmed it. But wouldn't hold it. I drove in and had to line up. I checked the site again and it showed 2 in stock. Then a dude 3 up from me walked out with one. I was a bit bummed. Then I got there. And merry Christmas 🎄 I got the last one. Keep looking. Seems that MSI are the ones they get in. Good luck all.

JD

Staff member
I mean... if it wasn't a joke... his services would likely be used by many if it was reasonable lol

belgolas

Both my friend and I would buy 2 3080's if we saw one to sell one to the other. Been checking everyday and can't find any. Same with the 5900x.

Lysrin

Got lucky yesterday. I checked Canada Computers site and saw Halifax had 1 msi Ventus 3x rtx 3080 oc ed. I called they confirmed it. But wouldn't hold it. I drove in and had to line up. I checked the site again and it showed 2 in stock. Then a dude 3 up from me walked out with one. I was a bit bummed. Then I got there. And merry Christmas 🎄 I got the last one. Keep looking. Seems that MSI are the ones they get in. Good luck all.
Halifax??!! I could have bought that one ;) Congrats!!

Ernimus Prime

Halifax??!! I could have bought that one ;) Congrats!!
I checked the stock Saturday morning. Saw 1 in stock. Called them and said yup it was in stock. But wouldn't hold it. I jumped in my truck and made a bee line straight there. Lined up. Then checked stock and had 2. I was worrying that someone was going to get them before me. Then a few people up. I saw a dude walk out with it in hand. I got to front and I got the very last one. Extremely happy. Now to sell my old GTX 1080 lol

rjbarker

Did I mention I got a Router :)
Really hoping to get my 3080 in the next couple of months....my System needs to be drained n flushed and want to tie it into new HW install.....once again 2 yrs without draining n flushing HA....!! No mushrooms growing in the Rez this time......still seeing great temps!

clshades

Did I mention I got a Router :)
Really hoping to get my 3080 in the next couple of months....my System needs to be drained n flushed and want to tie it into new HW install.....once again 2 yrs without draining n flushing HA....!! No mushrooms growing in the Rez this time......still seeing great temps!
You know, I think it would be cool if water cooling setups came with an option to always run the pump even though the computer is off.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
1606957754051.png

Just in case thats hard to see, this is from amazon like 5 min ago.

21. Twenty-One. Cards up for scalped prices. Thats only what I could get in one snip. There is more than that total.

They (nV AND aibs both) need to fix this to get cards in to the hands of consumers.

Lysrin

View attachment 30103

Just in case thats hard to see, this is from amazon like 5 min ago.

21. Twenty-One. Cards up for scalped prices. Thats only what I could get in one snip. There is more than that total.

They (nV AND aibs both) need to fix this to get cards in to the hands of consumers.
Those are some bonkers prices. But if the scalpers can list them that high are people actually willing to pay that? I know we want new GPUs but paying those prices and keeping this going is just nuts... IMO of course :)