What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What music subscription service are you using?

Bond007

Read this yesterday on RFD. Worked for me. If you have a google play music or YouTube music subscription, you can upgrade it to YouTube premium for no added cost.

Babrbarossa

Do you use it in your vehicle or cast to devices? I found Deezer to be the most frustrating music experience ever.

Casting to my AVR was SOOO slow. Like a 5-10s delay for everything I did. Deezer knew of the issue and said it would be fixed when they move to the newest Cast protocol, whenever that may be. However my TV had a Deezer app so I tried that out. There wasn't lag but its UI was terrible and I couldn't use my phone.

But the real big issue was bluetooth playback in my vehicle. Any single time I turned off the stereo or the vehicle, it would skip to the next song. And since I'm getting in and out of my vehicle dozens of a times a day it became right damned annoying. I stopped using it about 3 weeks in to my 3 month trial as I couldn't take it any more. :eek:

I have a bunch of Sonos speakers that I use Deezer with but also play it through a set of KEF LS50s and also to my main home stereo system via a Sonos bridge. Works fine on all of those. I tend to listen to my main system without any post-processing so no delays for me. I do find when you start turning on post-processing though, there is a few milliseconds delay. I guess you're specifically talking about casting though - I don't tend to do that.

Izerous

Folding Team
Read this yesterday on RFD. Worked for me. If you have a google play music or YouTube music subscription, you can upgrade it to YouTube premium for no added cost.

I have youtube family music plan and all I see is 1 month free trial of premium then +$3/mo after that.

Bond007

I have youtube family music plan and all I see is 1 month free trial of premium then +$3/mo after that.
I wonder if it was an error that they have corrected. Mine was an individual plan, but there was no caveat of a timeline or price increase. Fingers crossed it doesn't. Mine just said current music plan $9.99/month, upgrade to premium $9.99/month.

lowfat

Staff member
Is shuffle always broken on Spotify? Playing a playlist w/ 253 songs on shuffle. Yet it is playing a song it just played 13 songs ago. Looking at the queue history and upcoming songs, it seems to have a whole lot of repeats. And its not even like I 'liked' these songs. How does this make sense?

EDIT: So the big shuffle button and the shuffle icon do different things. Once again, how does this make any sense?

EDIT2: Wait, I don't see a big green shuffle button. :confused:

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, the android app has a big "shuffle" button for playlists as well as the standard (from mp3 players) shuffle option. I use the big button to start my playlist(s) so that it/they don't always start with the same song.

The Windows player only has the MP3 player shuffle "icon" on the play screen and no option to start on a random selection from within the playlist.

Spotify's windows client has always felt like an afterthought and doesn't get much lovin' .

lowfat

Staff member
Another annoying issue I have is w/ Spotify Connect. A lot of the time I'll be playing something on my desktop. I'll go for a drive somewhere and open spotify on my phone, and its like 5 songs behind. And as far as I can tell, I can't even turn off this 'feature'. :(

EDIT: Added a song to a queue and then it played it 15 minutes later. Seems kind of excessive...
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Having a lot of issues w/ the a Spotify android app. It's driving me up the wall. Stopped using shuffle as it seemed to always repeat certain songs. But now it's still doing it. I'll be playing a playlist in the vehicle. Stop the vehicle for 5 minutes. Come back and it has jumped back in the playlist. Sometimes 10 songs sometimes 40. But always goes back to the same song until I restart the playlist from the beginning.

Latest posts