What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another Unicorn search: VESA tray?

CMetaphor

Quadfather
This will probably end up being something I'll have to 3D print someday, but I've decided I'll throw it out there in case someone has seen something similar that already exists:

I'm looking for a plate that can be sandwiched between a Vesa monitor and it's monitor arm, that will then extend down and turn 90° to become a shelf of sorts at the base of the monitor itself.

I'm hoping to find one (but it'll probably end up needing to be printed) so that my soon-to-be streaming PC will have a touchscreen monitor, webcam and mini mixer following the angle and position of the monitor, all on one monitor stand.

Thanks in advance as always everyone. Fingers crossed, but I have a feeling this will be a printed item someday...

Izerous

Folding Team
From your description i could pound that out in the garage in about 20-30 minutes with a bench top metal brake and a drill press. Or a heat gun sheet of acrylic couple pieces of wood to bend it and a drill etc.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
From your description i could pound that out in the garage in about 20-30 minutes with a bench top metal brake and a drill press. Or a heat gun sheet of acrylic couple pieces of wood to bend it and a drill etc.
Definitely possible for someone talented and capable like yourself, but not for me. With my muscle issues I can't use tools for more than a few minutes at a time, so there's no way I can build this... Even if I had the knowledge how. 🤷‍♂️

Izerous

Folding Team
If you were closer I'd just make a prototype for you and it would be a fun little project but the cost to ship it would be silly. However I think something like this is actually what your after.

Edit: I think the glass would be too much, but the mechanism as a whole is what comes to mind based on your description. Seem to be called VESA floating shelf.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
That is similar to what I'm looking for, only too large and heavy m the glass shelf means I can drill holes to mount the mini mixer permanently and i think the vertical brackets would stick out too much top and/or bottom and hit things.

Its the right idea, only I'm try to find one made for a 24" monitor, not a large tv 🤷‍♂️

G

Thats what I did for the wifes desktop. Was super simple and worked well.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I've used several styles/models of these and actually have this particular one. Works fine and is pretty much universal.

Sadly it's not available atm, but how did it work with a reg monitor?

Edit: nvm, thought you were referring to the under shelf thing. This precariously balanced thing won't work for me, had to be an underneath shelf.

Latest posts