What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CD Projekt RED’s Witcher 2 Follow-Up Revealed: Cyberpunk 2077

lowfat

Staff member
"As wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle" seems to be an accurate description of the game.
Don't agree. It has some of the best written characters and quests of any game I've played. It is far from perfect but if they can get the bugs under control it will be IMO one hell of a great game.

Jokester

Don't agree. It has some of the best written characters and quests of any game I've played. It is far from perfect but if they can get the bugs under control it will be IMO one hell of a great game.
Well I'm putting it on the back burner and jump into it later. Picked up Horizon Zero dawn to play thorough the holidays.

FreeKnight

Agreed, it's a little harsh. If this had been by any other studio it probably wouldn't have gotten as much flak outside of the technical bugs, but it's being held up against the Witcher 3 as comparator, and that games was GOTY across nearly every outlet.

If some unknown or smaller studio had released cyberpunk, it'd still be getting criticism, a lot of which is valid, but there'd be a lot of comments along the lines of 'the reach and scope of this game is impressive, and unlike any open world game we've seen in years, even if the end product doesn't quite reach it's lofty ambitions' in the gaming media

FreeKnight

Well I'm putting it on the back burner and jump into it later. Picked up Horizon Zero dawn to play thorough the holidays.
Played it on PS4 and really enjoyed it. The expansion DLC fell pretty flat with me and didn't feel like going back to it again after about 20 mins of delving into it.

Having the DLC available without a months-long break might make it more appealing though.

Arinoth

Staff member
I've been enjoying this game on PC, haven't run into any game breaking bugs so far. The weirdest one I have run into is where my sniper rifer won't charge/fire but if I reload from a save at that exact same point, such as save when it's not working and reload that save, it works again.

belgolas

I find it strange that so many of your are saying you are not running into a lot of bugs but EVERY youtube video on this game has loads of bugs.

Also the world looks and feels empty. There isn't much interaction with the NPCs, shops ect. A good open world game that feels alive is Kingdom Come Deliverance.

The cops in this game are broken. They need to do what GTA does for cops and not just have cops spawning in the room behind you with no way into the room that way.

Also there is good reason why this game is pulled from consoles. It is an unplayable mess right now especially on the last gen consoles.

I will pick this game up in about 6 months to a year.

ipaine

The world is alive and full of NPCs, more than any game I've played before. The sheer number alone helps make the city feel alive. GTA cops are not the model anyone should follow. At least with Cyperpunk I can get the cops off of me fairly easily if I actually get them on me in the first place.

Does it have bugs sure, some are bad, others not that bad, but I have yet to have anything game breaking. It certainly is more playable than RDR2 was at release, for PC anyways, hell I couldn't get that started at all. And as for last gen consoles, I actually think they should have never even bothered to do a release for them, this is a game that just doesn't belong on the older consoles. As for why it was pulled, that has nothing to do with game quality, that has to do with Sony not wanting to give refunds. And hell half of the reason for refunds is cause people seemed to think this was going to be the second coming of Jesus, which it was never going to be, and certainly not on last gen consoles.

And no matter how you look at it, Cyberpunk is still selling like crazy.

Honestly I think the flack that CDPR are getting over Cyberpunk is just completely out of hand. Could it have less bugs, yes, could it be more polished, yes, but playing it on a system that can push it has been a blast. It is a fun game and will get the bugs fixed in time.

Jokester

More playable than rdr2? Well thats flat out wrong. I played rdr2 at launch and it worked without any issues. I saw hardly any bugs at all through my whole play through and the game took over 100 hours to complete. Rdr2 is how other developers should strive to make open world games like imo. Cyberpunk is poorly optimized and within minutes of playing it people were clipping through objects and animations were failing. Thats pretty poor. I like the game but I'll be putting it aside till things are how they should be for a triple A title.

lowfat

Staff member
More playable than rdr2? Well thats flat out wrong. I played rdr2 at launch and it worked without any issues. I saw hardly any bugs at all through my whole play through and the game took over 100 hours to complete. Rdr2 is how other developers should strive to make open world games like imo. Cyberpunk is poorly optimized and within minutes of playing it people were clipping through objects and animations were failing. Thats pretty poor. I like the game but I'll be putting it aside till things are how they should be for a triple A title.
Yet there were tons of reports of graphical issues for RDR2 at launch or the fact that people couldn't even launch the game.

I have 150 hours in to CP2077 and really the only 2 issues I encounter are occasionally NPCs will just stop fighting in combat until you hit them. And sometimes objects in the UI get stuck and I have to reload.

Arinoth

Staff member
I find it strange that so many of your are saying you are not running into a lot of bugs but EVERY youtube video on this game has loads of bugs.

Also the world looks and feels empty. There isn't much interaction with the NPCs, shops ect. A good open world game that feels alive is Kingdom Come Deliverance.

The cops in this game are broken. They need to do what GTA does for cops and not just have cops spawning in the room behind you with no way into the room that way.

Also there is good reason why this game is pulled from consoles. It is an unplayable mess right now especially on the last gen consoles.

I will pick this game up in about 6 months to a year.

Do not know what to tell you, I haven't run into anything that is game breaking when it comes to bugs. I've run into the odd quirk or 'odd' minor bug but nothing that's stopped my progression in the game or my enjoyment.

I agree with ipaine that the world feels quite alive and full of NPCS, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from again unless the people you're watching on Youtube aren't actually trying to play the game and ride the clickbait hits about bugs they've run into, or purposely re-created so that they can again ride that clickbait hits on youtube.

I haven't really run into the cops so I can't speak much about that as I try to not aggravate them at all, which is surprisingly quite easy to not piss them off.

Latest posts