What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Lysrin

Hmm. I'm not seeing that as an option in my lower right-hand (R/H) settings. You mean the pencil icon where you go to set background and shortcut behaviour?
Ah scratch that. You have to go manually to google.ca (as I think @Entz said) to get the setting option. If I open a new tab I get the other Google page with shortcuts, etc.

If you do that, then those settings have the option @sswilson mentioned under search settings.

I still get a dropdown with my recent searches but not the trending ones. To turn off your own recent you need to go deeper into your account search settings.

crazyea

My web activity settings are set to disabled.

This setting seems to have worked though. Disabling " Autocomplete searches and URLs."

Do you guys disable the other stuff as well?

Attachments

• activity.PNG
    activity.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 4
  • other goodle services.PNG
    other goodle services.PNG
    45 KB · Views: 4

crazyea

Well it worked briefly. Then I went to google, and disable "do not show popular searches"

and then it reappeared, but it looks a bit different now.

So dumb.

EDIT: So if I just use the google start page in chrome I no longer see these suggestions, but if I go to google.ca or .com, I do still see them. Even with "do not show popular searches" bullet checked.

Attachments

• stupid chromes 2.png
    stupid chromes 2.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Lysrin

Ah scratch that. You have to go manually to google.ca (as I think @Entz said) to get the setting option. If I open a new tab I get the other Google page with shortcuts, etc.

If you do that, then those settings have the option @sswilson mentioned under search settings.

Well it worked briefly. Then I went to google, and disable "do not show popular searches"

and then it reappeared, but it looks a bit different now.

So dumb.

EDIT: So if I just use the google start page in chrome I no longer see these suggestions, but if I go to google.ca or .com, I do still see them. Even with "do not show popular searches" bullet checked.
Gone silent on this one, sorry @crazyea . Other than the browser settings and the settings in your Google account I'm not sure where to tell you to look.

gingerbee

1. go to settings.
  2. click on "Sync and Google services
  3. Disable "Autocomplete searches and URLs
think this is it give it a shoot

you might have to turn this off to

Make searches and browsing better
Sends URLs of pages you visit to Google

its just below the others

crazyea

1. go to settings.
  2. click on "Sync and Google services
  3. Disable "Autocomplete searches and URLs
think this is it give it a shoot

you might have to turn this off to

Make searches and browsing better
Sends URLs of pages you visit to Google

its just below the others

Thanks, I did do that. 3 posts above. It works using the built in chrome search page. Thanks!

Shadowmeph

grr I need to buy a cheap not cheap 2.1 speaker set up none bluetooth that has decent wire length and a head phone plugin for my TV the wires for the cheap ones I have are jus ta little two short and also having issues with speakers need to wiggle the wires around so that it fully connects sometimes

Lysrin

I know I've ranted about this before buy why can't iCue just set a single freakin' colour and leave it there!

I have just a single colour set for everything now. No fancy waves, effects, or anything; just one colour. I'll be using my PC, no going to sleep oddities or anything like that, just normal use, and BAM!! Random unicorn puke from out of nowhere. It may fix itself after a while or it may not fix itself until I reboot.

What the heck is iCue doing anyway??!! Maybe there is something wrong with my Corsair controller as the puke does appear in the fans all the time and not the RAM. I dunno...

Izerous

Folding Team
grr I need to buy a cheap not cheap 2.1 speaker set up none bluetooth that has decent wire length and a head phone plugin for my TV the wires for the cheap ones I have are jus ta little two short and also having issues with speakers need to wiggle the wires around so that it fully connects sometimes
Just get longer wires... or splice them longer etc.

Latest posts