What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gamingpc.ca - pre built customizations advice

moocow

R9-5950X to play games is a waste of money. The idea of having a computer to stand the test of time is a flawed one because it will not. At best you can do is 5 years if you intend to run the latest games all the time and that's assuming you plug in a new GPU half way thru the life cycle. I say either 5600X or 5800X and 64GB of RAM. Definitely don't go low profile cooler if you got room for a bigger one. Unless you are an audiophile, I wouldn't bother with a sound card, I would just pick a motherboard that supports 5.1 setup or if you have an receiver, support coax or TOSLINK.

Urotsukidoji

That RAM is only 3200MHZ, so I would need to change...
This is available HyperX Predator 128GB (4 x 32GB) Desktop Memory | 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM | DDR4 3600 (slightly cheaper)

ok, made the Dark Hero switch

switch cooler to NH-D15

ditched sound card

clshades

Cpu was listed as a 9700k, Memory is 3000, couple other things. Seems like a lot of money to spend for that performance level. Lotta labour involved with that build to. Memory express builds computers with the OS installed for far less but if you are after a boutique computer, it's your money. Don't get my wrong, it looks really cool. I'd not want to deal with flushing a computer having no idea how water cooling works. I mean I know how it works so it doesn't worry me personally, not something I'd buy or recommended to someone with little to no knowledge.