What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canada Post strikes again

Cannon Fodder

Everything I order from Amazon either comes via their own branded delivery network or intelcomexpress. Never received a single item through Canada Post.

Not sure what you mean by that...... do you get vans/trucks, in Amazon colours, show up with "Amazon" plastered on the side? :unsure: AFAIK, Intelcom Courier(or courrier, as they spell it on their site) IS their main "delivery network"..... or at least they are in our neighbourhood. Having said that, we have had the occasional Amazon item(s) arrive via Canada Post.

That's really weird that an empty envelope would show up like that. Like others have said, let Amazon know and they will replace/refund it ASAP. That's a good thing about them.

Yup, my wife had ordered some stuff for her crafting projects, and their tracking showed it as being in their Surrey depot(Intelcom...... the last stop before being delivered) for several days, and eventually said something about "may be lost", so I did live chat with them, and they replaced the order RIGHT AWAY, and we got it a few days later. (y)

crazyea

They are Amazon delivery drivers, but their vehicles are not labeled. Intelcoms are not labeled either.

crazyea

If its intelcom I will get an intelcom tracking number. If I get a delivery from Amazon themselves I will get an Amazon tracking number. It's a clear process.

In fact Amazon's own Delivery service is called Amazon logistics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannon Fodder

If its intelcom I will get an intelcom tracking number. If I get a delivery from Amazon themselves I will get an Amazon tracking number. It's a clear process.

In fact Amazon's own Delivery service is called Amazon logistics.

That's why I've been asking, because all of our packages from Amazon have come either via Intelcom, or CP, and as far as I've seen, the tracking numbers have all initially appeared to be "Amazon" tracking numbers, but then said package ends up delivered by either of the choices mentioned above. Maybe it's different setups, depending on your location, i.e. MAYBE Amazon don't deliver via their own drivers in certain areas...... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

sswilson

Staff member
Geez, chill out - there's no argument goin' on, at least not on my part..... merely trying to get the straight scoop.

That's why I've been asking, because all of our packages from Amazon have come either via Intelcom, or CP, and as far as I've seen, the tracking numbers have all initially appeared to be "Amazon" tracking numbers, but then said package ends up delivered by either of the choices mentioned above. Maybe it's different setups, depending on your location, i.e. MAYBE Amazon don't deliver via their own drivers in certain areas...... :unsure:
They probably only have dedicated drivers in areas where they have a warehouse. It wouldn't make logistical sense if they had them in larger centers but still had to use third party couriers to get them from the warehouse to the dedicated drivers. (We don't have Amazon delivery drivers here in Moncton).

crazyea

They probably only have dedicated drivers in areas where they have a warehouse. It wouldn't make logistical sense if they had them in larger centers but still had to use third party couriers to get them from the warehouse to the dedicated drivers. (We don't have Amazon delivery drivers here in Moncton).

I'm not sure, but it's only been the last couple of years they have been doing it. I do live in the lower mainland and they have at least 4 major warehouses around here so it makes sense. I think my closest local is New Westminster.

crazyea

As I was pondering the Canada Post aspect of this conversation, how many of you are ordering from 3rd party sellers on Amazon? It come to mind, that I actually did get one recently, but that was a shipment that came from Taiwan, and it originated there using Orange Connex and transferred over to Canada post once it cleared customs. This was the one and only time I ordered from a 3rd party.

Latest posts