What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sennheiser PC38X wich dac/amp combo to make?

jipi1472

Hi, I wil receive the Drop + Sennheiser PC38X headset in a week or two. It's a decision from my previous post and I got some good advice from the community.

I previously bought the Fosi Audio Q4 DAC / AMP a month ago because it was afordable and recommended in a Youtube video review of dac/amps from Hardware Canucks.

Upon testing it with my older headset that I'm getting rid of when I'll receive the Sennheiser one, I realised it does'nt handle the mic fonction.

So.... What would be recommended to combo with the PC38X in your opinion? I can return the Q4 to Amazon for a refund if needed so I don't mind. Or... is there a way to make the mic work even without the Q4 handling it? I need some advice please lol.

FreeKnight

Can't remember if it affects mic in anyway but the Sennheiser GSX amps have recently been on for their lowest prices on Amazon.ca recently. Might be worth a look

jipi1472

With clshades reminder I viewed again the review from HWC.

And I read what FreeKnight said and I almost bought the Sennheiser amps dac but some reviews and other stuff did'nt convince me enough.

At the end, I'm gonna go for the Sound Blaster X3 that, with a little more investment, will be an all-around dac/amp pi mic input for me in my opinion that goes well with the PC38X.

Your thoughts?

clshades

With clshades reminder I viewed again the review from HWC.

And I read what FreeKnight said and I almost bought the Sennheiser amps dac but some reviews and other stuff did'nt convince me enough.

At the end, I'm gonna go for the Sound Blaster X3 that, with a little more investment, will be an all-around dac/amp pi mic input for me in my opinion that goes well with the PC38X.

Your thoughts?
Good luck finding an X3. I gave up waiting for one.

jipi1472

Hi, just received my headphones today. I also have the SoundBLaster X3 dac/amp. I plugued the dac/amp, the headphone plug in the front as well as the mic plug. I set my default audio system to the X3 as it should since I use a dac/amp. Still, even with trying every mode, I don't feel the famous "bass level" this headphone has, even without the dac/amp. Is there something I did'nt do that I should? Any advice?

Lysrin

Sound is certainly subjective. The reviews I watched said the PC38X had better bass than the PC37X, but what you'd class as famous "bass level" may vary depending on what you're expecting. Also you will get different sound with the different ear cups that come with the PC38X. You may prefer one over the other.

Latest posts