What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Armoury Crate

gingerbee

I don't know what board you using but my x570's have Q-fan control in the bios so you can set what temps the fans rpm spins up to

Jokester

The armoury crate is just a downloader for the software. Not sure why they didn't just release the software.

to add to the confusion thanks to Asus.. that is what it used to be. now it's a full-blown application to manage all your Asus hardware and aura sync rgb. which somehow actually works somewhat properly most of the time.

clshades

Via an option in the bios, you can enable armoury crate, and It helps with easy driver install on newer motherboards. For those who aren't able to get drivers before hand, it will allow easy download. And that is helpful especially with the network drivers because if you don't have network you cant get drivers, and most people aren't using optical drives these days either.
yeh, I enabled it in the bios... pops up when windows loads to install it, however, it fails in the last 80% to finish the install. Really fucking stupid. I just like having fan control from windows to spin things up for games and down for not games.

clshades

If it's just the fan control you're looking for, what's the bios setup look like? Newer boards are getting pretty good at letting you set your own profile.
Yeh I can max out the fans in the bios, I just like having access in windows to spin things up and down, CPU and case fans. Fortunately the Liquid Frozen II is just one header like a regular HSF so the control is there in bios no problem.

ipaine

Yea I don't use AC either, but I do use AI suite 3 (specifically Fan Xpert 4) so that I have fan control in windows.

I never really have to touch it, but if I am doing some benches or something that really pushes things then I can ramp up them up easily enough.

clshades

Yea I don't use AC either, but I do use AI suite 3 (specifically Fan Xpert 4) so that I have fan control in windows.

I never really have to touch it, but if I am doing some benches or something that really pushes things then I can ramp up them up easily enough.
I'll try and find it.

gingerbee

well with that board you have q-fan control in bios that will allow you to set a temp curve to have them spin up/down as your temp's rise/fall, unless your looking for manual control

Doesn't your board do it all automatically cause of I have 2 of those boards and they do it all on their own, again unless you are just looking to have manual control??

Last edited:

clshades

well with that board you have q-fan control in bios that will allow you to set a temp curve to have them spin up/down as your temp's rise/fall, unless your looking for manual control

Doesn't your board do it all automatically cause of I have 2 of those boards and they do it all on their own, again unless you are just looking to have manual control??
Yep. Just like having manual control.

Latest posts