What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

What game are you currently playing? (Screenshots if possible pls)

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... I forgot how hard giants and trolls hit in lower levels of Skyrim.... gotta either avoid them, or keep hitting them with arrows from a high point that they can't get to.... :)

FreeKnight

Heh... I forgot how hard giants and trolls hit in lower levels of Skyrim.... gotta either avoid them, or keep hitting them with arrows from a high point that they can't get to.... :)
Archery's definitely a little overpowered in Skyrim. I never seem to have the same luck as a ranged spell caster in comparison, and playing mostly melee seems drastically weaker than archery+stealth. I always seem to play a bit of a mix of all styles, but it's so easy to just default to stealth+ archery for 90% of the game

sswilson

Staff member
Archery's definitely a little overpowered in Skyrim. I never seem to have the same luck as a ranged spell caster in comparison, and playing mostly melee seems drastically weaker than archery+stealth. I always seem to play a bit of a mix of all styles, but it's so easy to just default to stealth+ archery for 90% of the game

Yeah, archery + stealth is my goto as well. I'm currently working on the foresworn chain and it's almost disturbing how I can pick a high point to take out an entire community without putting myself at any kind of risk (except for cleaning up the 1 or 2 stragglers who've tried to reach you and are "stuck" in an area you can't see from your perch).

One thing that did come from that though.... full on vertigo when it switches to "arrow view" for a critical hit. :)

Made the mistake a couple of nights ago of starting to mine "clay".... initially felt like I was stuck in some kind of bug as it just keeps going on and on, but finally found a reference to just using wasd to move away and cease mining clay. :)

crazyea

They've rereleased this game so many times. I wonder if they ever considered more official DLC content. They'd make a buck or two.

Also, I remember when I played this game years ago there was a mod being developed where all of the original elder scrolls games were incorporated. Did they ever finish that?

sswilson

Staff member
They've rereleased this game so many times. I wonder if they ever considered more official DLC content. They'd make a buck or two.

Also, I remember when I played this game years ago there was a mod being developed where all of the original elder scrolls games were incorporated. Did they ever finish that?

Maybe you're thinking of Skyblivion?

Still in development, and seems to be slow going.

As far as the elder scrolls franchise goes... they're still threatening us with a new game sometime in the future.... :)

FreeKnight

They kind of did with the Special edition and Bethesda's widely panned 'creators club' which also had a few paid Bethesda mods (stuff like Knights of the Nine armor, etc), but it was such a debacle it's better off forgotten and ignored.

Like sswilson mentioned there's Skyblivion, there's also Skywind which ports Morrowind into the Skyrim engine. Both are obviously 'ready when they're ready' projects.

Sounds like ESVI is a ways off in the future though, unless MS lights a fire under their butts now that they've purchased them. I'm hopeful the MS purchase will lead to some improvements on the weaker end of Bethesda's games (companions, plot, bugginess/stability). They do a great job on the open world aspect and 'lots of places to go, things to see' end, but there's some definite weaknesses in their games. I still really enjoy them, but they've got rough spots.

crazyea

It wasn't just oblivion though, there was also talk of morrowind in the same mod. It was so long ago now I cant even remember. Maybe that project did split into seperate morrowind/oblivion pathways.

I did hear that some of the models and maps from morrowind and oblivion already existed in skyrim in order to fill in the distance/backgrounds of the game. They were discovered by clipping past the invisible barriers.

Anyway, I'm not one who played many walkthroughs of the game, but I liked it all the same.

Latest posts