What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

Shadowmeph

I remember people not likening the ending and for me I dont remember the ending but I do know that it didn't bother me at the time and was wondering what it was that people didnt like about the end?

ipaine

I remember people not likening the ending and for me I dont remember the ending but I do know that it didn't bother me at the time and was wondering what it was that people didnt like about the end?
Well the big thing was
that it kind of boiled down to 3 choices no matter your choices earlier throughout the series. And the thing with the god child that explained things and such. The extended version (that will be in the new version) cleaned it up a bit and gave a bit more and is a better end but still not what a lot of people wanted/expected.
While I was not a big fan of the original end or the extended I don't think the hate was deserved. So many people bitching about the entire series saying it isn't worth it, when I thought and still do that the ride is certainly worth it, even if the final 15 minutes is a let down a bit. My personal big beef with the ending is
That I saved the Geth and Edi and made peace between them and the Quarians but the choices don't let you pick one that saves them. Well sort of with the synthesis ending but what I am many others expected and wanted as being able to do the destroy ending but only effect the Reapers and not all synthetic live.
But thankfully there are mods like MEHEM that fix that for me.

ipaine

Here are some of the details on what has been tweaked in the Legendary Edition with regards to gameplay.

Honestly most of it looks good. I am eager to use the Mako with the changes they have done. Oh and of course the native 21:9 support.

One thing I am curious about will be if the visuals are going to be better compared to the originals with mods like ALOT. I think I will take a few screenshots for comparison. I still find it almost funny that the game I am looking forward to the most is an old one I have played many times.

Lysrin

*snip* I still find it almost funny that the game I am looking forward to the most is an old one I have played many times.
Maybe not that funny. Good games are just good games. When someone brings the visuals up to a more modern state... sweet! :)

ipaine

Nothing to do with the actual game per say but they do have a nifty artwork generator:

Fairly simple and can create some decent backgrounds/wallpapers/etc.

Used it and then photoshop to tweak it to get my new 3440 ultrawide wallpaper:
wallpaper Ultrawide.jpg

ipaine

Just wanted to mention that if you have pre-ordered it through steam they have started preloading.

it needs 102GB and preload is 93GB.

Which is downloading at a nice 75-85 MB/s.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
LPT: You can find this for 50 USD online, through legit retailers. With the current strength of the CAD its worth it to buy versus the $80 canadian retailers are asking.

Arinoth

Staff member
The only thing I haven't decide is if I'm going to lean Paragon (maleshep) or Renegade (femshep) yet which I suppose I really should seeing as it comes out tomorrow (and I have it pre-installed already).

Latest posts