What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

WeaksauceDoggo

Why aren't 144hz monitors 144hz out of the box, like, i know it doesnt take much effort to change it in the display settings, but ive seen people who have had 144hz monitors running at 60 hz for months, which sucks.

lowfat

Staff member
Replacement Kailh sockets came today for Drop Alt. += was basically unusable so I took it apart to fix. First key went great. Second no so great. Will attempt to repair solder pad but I have zero experience down so. Would be a $300+ mistake if I can't.
MVIMG_20210504_190105.jpg

Urotsukidoji

Why aren't 144hz monitors 144hz out of the box, like, i know it doesnt take much effort to change it in the display settings, but ive seen people who have had 144hz monitors running at 60 hz for months, which sucks.
Yup, just got mine, took me a couple days to realize I was just running at 60hz, (noticed when I checked out my initial Doom frame rates), and I could not even change to 144hz unless I swapped the HDMI for the display port connection).

Izerous

Folding Team
On a positive note my 3rd trip to the Apple store finally have the laptop back and it was the most pleasant and efficient trip. The first appointment was a joke the drop off was a nightmare but the pickup went well. They have had mall security wrangling people and it was clear the person doing it today knew what was going on as it was way more efficient.

But going back and forth reminded me that I'm still waiting on parts to do some repairs on one of my vehicles. I knew it would take a while to get here but April 5- 26 is a pretty big delivery window and I would not have been surprised at all for it not to show until right around the 26th... it is however now May 6th and the tracking number hasn't even been updated since March 26th still just in Transit. Kinda have more than a few things to fix and everything is being held up by these last couple parts.

Bleeding brakes, changing tires, addressing oil leak, fix exhaust leak, replacing front control arms all require the vehicle to be lifted for an extended period of time and have the tires off. Would be nice to do it all at once instead of multiple times over.

Last edited:

gingerbee

WTF is going on I have been trying to get my shot for months now, I was supposed to be able for like 2 months from what my doctors say. Yet every time I try to get it I can't get an appointment. Then the Simcoe health unit tells me shoppers is doing it like 3 weeks ago, So I sign up and get a code so I can get it, I go to my shopper's drug mart only to be told I am not eligible umm what.

So a week goes by then they tell me to bring my code next time I come up. "Gotta love this" when I go they tell me they don't have any vaccines and won't have any for like 2 months.

So my last-ditch effort is to wait till Monday when they say anyone over 40 years and up, can get it now in Simcoe county. I mean WTF. everyone else in my extended family has their shots, even young healthy people. I mean at the end of the month they will let people in my wife's profession get there's... yup but on May 24 anyone over 18 can get it in Simcoe county. there's the facepalm, how did they do this roll-out throw darts at the dartboard blindfolded. thanks need that rant

Last edited:

crazyea

WTF is going on I have been trying to get my shot for months now, I was supposed to be able for like 2 months from what my doctors say. Yet every time I try to get it I can't get an appointment. Then the Simcoe health unit tells me shoppers is doing it like 3 weeks ago, So I sign up and get a code so I can get it, I go to my shopper's drug mart only to be told I am not eligible umm what.

So a week goes by then they tell me to bring my code next time I come up. "Gotta love this" when I go they tell me they don't have any vaccines and won't have any for like 2 months.

So my last-ditch effort is to wait till Monday when they say anyone over 40 years and up, can get it now in Simcoe county. I mean WTF. everyone else in my extended family has their shots, even young healthy people. I mean at the end of the month they will let people in my wife's profession get there's... yup but on May 24 anyone over 18 can get it in Simcoe county. there's the facepalm, how did they do this roll-out throw darts at the dartboard blindfolded. thanks need that rant

That’s not even the worst part. There are vaccines expiring literally every day and then getting tossed. And not even just the shit ones like AZ but the preferred Pfizer vaccine.

FreeKnight

That’s not even the worst part. There are vaccines expiring literally every day and then getting tossed. And not even just the shit ones like AZ but the preferred Pfizer vaccine.
AZ is hardly a shit vaccine. Yes there's a blood clot risk, but Canada has given 1.7 million AZ vaccines and had 2 fatalities. Canada's had 1,265,320 cases of covid and about 25K deaths. So by that metric alone it's still a vastly preferable alternative to just getting infected with COVID.

With other vaccines available I'm not opposed to pulling the AZ vaccine if the others can be given in sufficient quantity. My boss's girlfriend was the Alberta fatality due to a blood clot. It's tragic (although partially the fault of our resident Catholic hospital that's a problem every few months or so if you want to read up about it here), but I'd still take the AZ over no vaccine.

I agree with the larger issue of disorganization in booking causing vaccines getting wasted though.

crazyea

I say it’s shit (comparatively) because of its much lower efficacy.

AZ 62%
pfizer 95%

Not only that but Pfizer has also shown overall better protection against the various strains out there.

I had the AZ vaccine myself and it is definitely the least desirable compared to Pfizer. At least inmho.

In the end it’s better than nothing, but it’s very annoying to hear vaccines are getting thrown away when people need them.

Last edited:

Latest posts